Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Serial Bluetooth connection with Trimble R1

• 1.  Serial Bluetooth connection with Trimble R1

Posted 10-30-2020 09:05

Hi!

I have a Trimble R1 device and am trying to build a native Android application.

My goal is to be able to access the raw data collected by the reciever directly over a serial bluetooth connection. Is it possible to do either of the following:

1) Start a logging session and recieve the raw data (T0x file) over bluetooth after the logging session has ended.

2) Actively stream the raw data over a bluetooth link. As I understood, for some devices it is possible to acces it's web UI settings and set it to stream RT17/RT27 data. Is this the same as getting the raw data? Although, I don't see any information on accessing the web UI for the R1 device.

The R1 device doesn't seem to have many features and as such, isn't supported by all of the software Trimble offers. I know it is possible to get the raw files of an R1 device over bluetooth with the Trimble Positions ArcPad extension, so it would make sense I would be able to do it manually over bluetooth. 

Thanks!

NB! There is a VERY similar thread for the R2 device: Bluetooth communication with Trimble R2.

• 2.  Re: Serial Bluetooth connection with Trimble R1
    Best Answer

Posted 11-02-2020 14:52

Hi Christian - there are several methods for capturing data directly from an R1 (and R2).

• Using Trimble Mobile Manager as a Mock Location Provider and consuming Android Location Services + Location Extras
    • Using NMEA output over the Bluetooth SPP
    • Using the Trimble Precision SDK to consume raw position data - and receiver configuration from within a 3rd-Party app

It would be great to connect with you to discuss the configuration options in more detail.  Please send me a message and we'll connect.  dan_colbert@trimble.com