Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to set Trimble mobile manager as Mock location app

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Unable to set Trimble mobile manager as Mock location app

Posted 12-18-2017 00:41
    No replies, thread closed.

Dear all,

I'm running Trimble Catalyst using Trimble Mobile Manager on Galaxy Tab S2 (it should be a supported tablet as mentioned on Trimble website).

However, I'm unable to use "Trimble Mobile Manager" as Mock location app (it is on the list, but when I select it, it switches back to some other application).

I connect to antenna, set "Share location" in TMM, but I'm unable to select TMM in Developer options -> Mock location app

Any other applications are not receiving any GPS data.

Ivo

• 2.  Re: Unable to set Trimble mobile manager as Mock location app

Posted 12-21-2017 07:23

You could try removing the application that is currently controlling the Mock location option on your device.

You can then set TMM up as the provider and reinstall the previous app, of course checking this does not default back

• 3.  Re: Unable to set Trimble mobile manager as Mock location app

Posted 12-21-2017 12:04

Yes Harrison's solution should work. I had the same situation on an S2 with an NTRIP app. In the S2 it seems like it grabs on to certain apps to use as the Mock Locations default. Uninstall apps until you can select TMM. Once you reinstall the apps you may find that you can only select TMM for Mock Locations.

• 4.  Re: Unable to set Trimble mobile manager as Mock location app

Posted 12-21-2017 12:11

It is an Android bug. Even though it does not properly select Trimble Mobile Manager as you have observed, it is actually selected. Try using a 3rd party app, and you will see that it will work.