Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TerraFlex view attribute control

• 1.  TerraFlex view attribute control

Posted 04-15-2020 09:00

Customer wants to upload existing data with about 25 attribute fields that need to be kept intact: "is there a way to “hide” or otherwise set fields to not visible in Trimble Connect? We have situations where we are given existing data with say 25 fields; 5 we only need to read not edit, update 10 and the other 10 need to stay in the dataset but do not need to display in the field."

Do others see a need for this? I think all it would take is placing the same Visible checkbox that is used for Auto Fields for all fields.

• 2.  Re: TerraFlex view attribute control

Posted 04-15-2020 10:43

I would like to see this as well.  If you use the SSF to TerraFlex import tool, and the DDF had not visibile set, then this functionality comes across in the terraflex form, but the user has no way to edit/change this setting once its in the form.  I guess a work around for now is that you can use PFO to import the file, then create an SSF and use the tool mentioned above to get the project/form built in TerraFlex connect.

• 3.  Re: TerraFlex view attribute control

Posted 04-16-2020 16:23

Bummer.  I am one of the customers holding onto TerraSync because of its massive capability.  Setting Not Visible doesn't work, does the requirement or NOT PERMITTED Field entry processes work in TerraFlex?  I just saw the new SSF to TerraFlex import tool.  Were waiting on FEDRAmP certification so DOI can use TerraFlex, but happy as clam with TerraSync/Positions right now.