Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

• 1.  every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 10-05-2020 16:08

HI All

software is the latest, using trimble mobile manager with ground control app, been using it from the start,(2017) and never had this problem in the past using these 2 apps in conjunction with each other. I can collect a point, then immediately try to collect another, (even same location) and have to wait for it to pick up satellites again, before getting cm accuracy, seen a post about something similar, I always use TMM to connect up, then open Ground control app. any help appreciated, its a right pain in the ...

thanks

• 2.  Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 10-05-2020 17:11

Hi Alan, we are aware that this issue happens for some users and have it on our 'to do' list. Are you using Android 10?

Regards, Mark.

• 3.  Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 10-07-2020 08:27

HI Mark, Yes, android 10,happening since i upgraded phone from samsung s8 to s20, about a month or so ago, dont think I had the latest android on my older phone
    be great if it can be sorted, thanks

Alan

• 4.  Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 11-16-2020 09:48

HI Mark any news on this please, 1 hour of my subscription used today to collect 15 points! cant carry on like this, 
    thanks
    Alan

• 5.  Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 11-16-2020 15:01

Hi Alan,

Apologies that this is still causing you issues. Investigation is still work in progress at this point.

Regards,

Mark.

• 6.  Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 11-23-2020 01:08

Hi Alan, apologies for the delay on this. If you haven’t done so already please update Catalyst Service to the latest version on the Play Store, this should fix the issue. If you continue to have problems please contact Support.

Best regards,

mark. 

• 7.  RE: Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 07-20-2021 08:34
    just to let you know, this still doesnt work, ie, have to reconnect for every point, so cannot use it effectively, shame as it was a really good system and fair on the consumer/end user

------------------------------
    Alan Roberts

• 8.  RE: Re: every point collected in Ground control app I have to wait for reconection

Posted 07-21-2021 07:17
    I'm eagerly watching this thread, as this behaviour is happening to me too now. Usinging Trimble Mobile Manager and collecting in ArcGIS Field Maps. Only started happening in the last month or so. But i spend 1-2 minutes waiting at each point for RTK to refix.

David Brooks