Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

samsung galaxy j4

• 1.  samsung galaxy j4

Posted 05-26-2020 02:29

I'm not able to configure Catalyst on a Samsung J4. Specs seems to be ok. Any ideas anyone ?

• 2.  Re: samsung galaxy j4

Posted 05-26-2020 03:09

Hi Francis,

does TMM tell you 'weak hardware' or 'not supported' - or does nothing happen when you plug in a Catalyst antenna?

So the configuration comes technically after the basics checks that verify your hardware.

Also what configuration is not working for you? 

Generally speaking the best way to diagnose such issues is sending an email via TMM to Catalyst support (the default email when you go to the About screen in TMM). This email contains an attachment with logs in case of issues.

Tom wrote a good article on how to do this:
    Sending Logs files with Trimble Mobile Manager 

Nico

• 3.  Re: samsung galaxy j4

Posted 05-26-2020 03:52

Nico,

In the mobile manager I can only select R-series or Spcetra receivers. The button to activate or deactivate Catalyst is not shown. The Catalyst service is installed and the mock locations is active. In Penmap it states that the connected hardware is not supported.

I asked the customer to send the log files.

regards

• 4.  Re: samsung galaxy j4
    Best Answer

Posted 05-27-2020 00:34

Hi Francis

When TMM fails to provide the Catalyst option this is usually an indicator of the device not meeting the minimum required specifications. With Penmap stating that the HW is not supported I would be confident that this is the issue

I ran a quick search on the Samsung Galaxy J4 and from what I can see here the CPU doesn't meet the minimum require 1.5GHz. so this device will not support Catalyst

You can find the minimum required specifications here