Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 03-27-2018 19:09
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi I’m having an issue with Penmap. When I create a project in the field it won't successfully upload to Penmap Project Manager, hence I can’t retrieve the data. If the project is created in Penmap Project Manager, it seems to work fine. When I log into Trimble Connect, the project in question is sitting in the correct Trimble connect project folder, so its uploading that far, but not making it through to Penmap Project manager. Any thoughts?

• 2.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 03-29-2018 03:33

Hi James

There could be several reasons for this so I'd recommend you submit a support request to Connect-Support@Trimble.com and one of the support team can get into the detail of the project data and and troubleshoot this methodically

One thing to check immediately Is user Assignment - do the assigned project TEAM members have valid TID and valid Penmap subscription?

• You can check the TEAM members invited to the project via
      Project Manager > Select the project > Select Settings > TEAM
    • Make sure the users assigned have:
      • A TID: Users invited to a project that do not have a TID will first have to create one via an email invitation to participate on Trimble Connect.
      • A valid Penmap subscription: You can check this using the Subscription Manager which customers use to manage and assign subscriptions

• 3.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 03-29-2018 14:01

Thanks for the reply. Can you confirm the email address for connect support please. Emails keep bouncing back saying the address is invalid.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 04-03-2018 04:56

Hi James

The connect support email is Connect-Support@Trimble.com (there's no underscore).

With regards to this issue, we have the Penmap development team working on this so there's nothing more you should do for now.

There is a problem currently syncing back projects created directly In the Android App using the Project Manager.

For now we would recommend where possible you use projects that have been created directly in the Penmap project manager, you can follow the Penmap for Android How To - Project Set-up here for the steps. These will sync correctly

Temporary work round:

The project data is still syncing to the Connect Cloud so is accessible using the work round below:

1. Upload the Project Data from the Penmap Android app (this will likely read as Upload Failed but should still have sync'd)
    2. Log in to https://app.connect.trimble.com using your existing Penmap log in details
    3. Browse to the Project folder containing the device created project data
    4. The folder will contain 2 sub folders - select the Penmap folder
    5. Select the appropriate project and browse inside the folder - In this example
    6. Select the *.PDT file
    7. In the selection panel on the right of the screen select the Download Files option 
    8. Open the Penmap Project Manager and follow through the steps to create a project
    9. When you come to the 'define source data' window open the File Types to 'All Types' and browse for the PDT
    10. You will need to set source files to 'All Files (*.*) to see the *.pdt
    11. Select the PDT and finish the project creation - you can follow the same steps displayed In the Penmap Android How to - Adding background data
    12. This will then sync to the Penmap Android application as normal.
    13. Open the project In Penmap Android and make a small edit to the project (e.g. edit an iFeature attribute or create a new topo/control point easily identifiable so you can delete/ ignore this later)
    14. Close the project then sync it back via the UPLOAD option
    15. Open Penmap Project Manager and Export the data to the desired export format

• 5.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 04-03-2018 08:22

@James Curran

To update you on this - we have implemented a fix for this issue that is built into the next release of the Penmap Android app. This should be live on the google play store end of the week.

If you have an urgent need we can provide the pre-release *apk file to install if you submit your request to Penmap_support@Trimble.com 

#penmapforandroid

• 6.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 04-03-2018 17:17

Thanks Tom, great work.

Really appreciated, I'll get the update when available on the play store, the work around should keep me gong until then.  

James.

• 7.  Re: Penmap for Android Project upload issue

Posted 04-05-2018 00:47

Hi all,

the problem is fixed with a new Penmap version (10.7.2), which is already in Google Play Store now.

Best Regards

Thomas