Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

• 1.  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 05-31-2020 23:36

Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10, after focusing the point GPS breaks down and it is necessary to wait again.

• 2.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-01-2020 06:03

HI Petr

The behaviour you are seeing (and show in the videos) is normal

• The UAV Ground Control App (UAV GCP) will disconnect from the Catalyst DA1 antenna after each control point is stored and reconnect when a new one is begun.
    • This app is not intended for the rapid capture of Ground Control Points that you would associated with Terraflex/Penmap or Trimble Access for example but was designed with the user capturing a GCP then moving off some distance/ time to the next

If you wish to maintain the fix throughout for more rapid capture then you must do the following

1. Sign in to Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM) and Connect to Catalyst directly within the TMM app
    2. Start the UAV GCP app
    3. Collect your control points
    4. After finishing each point the fix and connection to the Catalyst DA1 will be maintained

The OS update was not the cause here but rather the workflow chosen.

• 3.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-09-2020 09:24

Some additional follow up on this for you Petr

The has been an update to the UAV Ground Control app  with v1.0.025 (June 3 release)

The release highlights include

• Orthometric (MSL) height display and export
    • And all receivers and handhelds supported by TMM:
      • Trimble Catalyst
      • Trimble R Series receivers (R1, R2, etc.)
      • Integrated GNSS TDC150 & SP20 receivers
      • Trimble EMPOWER EM100 GNSS receiver

I'd also recommend you update your version of Trimble Mobile Manager to the latest and concurrent release v2.3.0.631 (June 3 release) - this release includes

• Support for MSL heights in Interface to UAV GCP app
    • Bug fixes improving stability and performance

For more information on how to configure orthometric height including the side loading of customer geoid models take a look at the post here: How to 'side-load' custom Geoid's for use in Trimble Mobile Manager 

We also have the UAV Ground Control Online help material here

• 4.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-09-2020 09:54

Hi Tom,

I made all the deadlines you described a long time ago, so I sent you videos from the measurements that show the difference between Android 10 and 9 update did not help.

Petr

Odesláno mobilního  telefonu .

• 5.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-09-2020 10:55

Hi Tom,

do you have an ambassador in the Czech Republic to whom I would explain the problem with UAVGC on Android 10?  Of course, we have the application set up correctly, we have performed the update.  Have you seen the videos ???.

Petr

• 6.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-10-2020 05:46

Hi Petr

I'll send you a direct request for the log files through the support case I set up and we can go through this again.

We can go through this directly and I will post the conclusion here for all to view

Your local Trimble Reseller can be found using the URL: Where to Buy | Trimble Geospatial 

• 7.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-15-2020 09:45

Hi Petr

Is it possible you can respond to my requests for log files please?

I created a case last week and have requested the files directly via email

If you have not received this then firstly check your Junk folder (the request was sent June 10th last week)

You can message me directly with your preferred email address in case I have used one you do not monitor

With the logs we can check the behaviour you are experiencing directly on your device

Thanks

• 8.  Re:  Problem with UAV GROUND CONTROL on android 10

Posted 06-15-2020 10:05
      |   view attached

Hi Tom,

will send the logs unfortunately i won't get to that until next week.  But I will definitely do it.

Thank `s Peter