Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

MX9 Mobile Mapping Laser Calibration

• 1.  MX9 Mobile Mapping Laser Calibration

Posted 07-08-2020 19:08

Hello, I am an new employee at Nikon-Trimble in Japan.

I was asked to calibrate laser scanners for a MX9 MMS. The MX9 was installed at a titled angle.

Point cloud data in TBC does not match in after post processed SBET file is imported into TBC and processed under the "Calibrate Laser Scanner" command.
    I was asked to try out different data change in POSPac but I am not sure what I can change.

I am following the general workflow in TBC Manual and Video Manual from YouTube but there are not any specification as to what changes I can make in POSPac.

I have received installation angles for the MX9 system ( [Trident-InstallParams] Roll,  Pitch,  Heading; & DX DY DZ), but I am not sure where I can input these values to obtain a correct (different) laser calibration.
    It has been set so that only the right laser is being used by the MX9 system.

Any help and support will be highly appreciated.   

@Rui Wu could you please provide any support? I have been trying to make this work for the past 3 weeks.

#mobilemapping #mms #mx9 

• 2.  Re: MX9 Mobile Mapping Laser Calibration

Posted 07-08-2020 23:32

Hi Abdullah, 

I believe we will need the help of the imaging support team as they have specialized knowledge on this particular topic. Would you pass your question to them? The email address is imaging_support@trimble.com.

• 3.  Re: MX9 Mobile Mapping Laser Calibration

Posted 07-08-2020 23:42

Hi Rui,

Thanks for the suggestion. It so happens that I have already sent them an email regarding this as well. I am still waiting to receive some feedback from them.