Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TPSDK for Catalyst - Support for NTRIP Correction Streams

• 1.  TPSDK for Catalyst - Support for NTRIP Correction Streams

Posted 03-27-2020 10:34

Hello!

I was wondering if there is any current or planned support for the TPSDK for Catalyst to handle NTRIP correction streams. I have a Xamarin app where we have an existing NTRIP client implemented and would very much like to be able to send the correction stream from my client to the TPSDK. I know that I can send NTRIP connection parameters (server, port, username, password, mount point) to the TPSDK and it can handle the corrections but it would be really great to use my existing client and forward the correction stream on.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: TPSDK for Catalyst - Support for NTRIP Correction Streams
    Best Answer

Posted 03-29-2020 23:37

Hi Charles,

as of now you can only use our NTRIP implementations.

So the raw messages (RTCM or CMR(X) etc) become part of the protocols we talk to our receivers (which differs between Trimble and Spectra). And we don't have a mechanism do funnel external data into the stream so far (at least not this way - and not periodically).

Actually the first time this gets requested.

May I ask where the benefit is (from your point of view) is.

If we understand the goal/ workflow we may be able to help (although it may take some time).

Nico 

• 3.  Re: TPSDK for Catalyst - Support for NTRIP Correction Streams

Posted 03-30-2020 09:30

Thanks for your reply! From our point of view we are trying to maintain separation of concerns as much as possible as well as maintain the current pattern we have for handling NTRIP corrections with external receivers. In the ideal case we use TPSDK as an interface between our application and the external receivers that the SDK supports. Handing off the functionality of our NTRIP client to the TPSDK as well makes it harder to follow the existing patterns and architecture we have in our app which makes support and maintenance more work.

With that all being said, we will continue to use the existing functionality in TPSDK for handling NTRIP and will keep our eye out for any changes/developments on this topic in the future.

Thanks!