Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue Connecting to SP80 Receiver Using R-Series Driver

• 1.  Issue Connecting to SP80 Receiver Using R-Series Driver

Posted 06-16-2020 10:32

Hello,

I am using the Xamarin TPSDK for Catalyst version 2020.0.82.19504 to connect to Trimble and Spectra Precision receivers. Using the R-Series driver I am successfully connecting to Trimble R-Series receivers in our mobile app and pulling in all the expected GNSS observations. However, as referenced in the answer in this post Trimble Receiver Naming Convention, I should be able to use the R-Series driver to connect to Spectra Precision devices. Currently I am unable to make the connection to the SP80 receiver I have which is running firmware version 3.46. When I go to connect I get an exception saying "Could not connect, the receiver is not supported (1)". Below is a snippet from the log file generated from our app.

TrimbleBluetoothCommunicatorDroid.BTListenerThread:  bt socket closed, read return: -1

TrimbleBluetoothCommunicatorDroid.Disconnect:  BT listener thread terminated

TrimbleBlutoothCommunicatorDroid.Disconnect:  Bluetooth communicator disconnected

TrimbleCatalystManagerDroid.connectToTrimbleSensor:    at Trimble.Ssi.DriverProxy.Common.Wrapper.ISensorProxy.connect (Trimble.Ssi.DriverProxy.Common.Wrapper.ConnectionSettingsProxy connectionSettings) [0x0002d] in <26049038f7f24ab670257b28d5147806>:0

at Trimble.Ssi.DriverProxy.Common.Bridge.ProxySensor.Connect (Trimble.Ssi.Connection.ConnectionSettings connectionSettings) [0x000c9] in <26049038f7f24ab670257b28d5147806>:0

at TrimbleSensorReaderDroid.connectToTrimbleSensor (TrimbleSensorReader+TrimbleConnectionType oTrimbleConnectionType, System.String szDeviceName) [0x00161] in <91eb2617aa6c434485af1597e21982d9>:0

TrimbleCatalystManagerDroid.connectToTrimbleSensor:  Could not connect, the receiver is not supported (1)

Additionally, when I try to connect to the SP80 in Trimble Mobile Manager using the R-Series driver the same issue happens (I can make the connection using the Spectra Precision driver).

I am not sure if maybe this is something wrong with my receiver setup or if maybe I am misunderstanding how to use the R-Series driver to connect to the SP80.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2.  Re: Issue Connecting to SP80 Receiver Using R-Series Driver
    Best Answer

Posted 06-16-2020 23:54

Hi Charles,

this is my mistake due to a misunderstanding on my side.
    The current release (2020.0.82.19504) covers R4s and SP60; SP80 was not covered in TMM release v2.3 and the corresponding 2020 SDK.

Although the SP80 is under the RSeries umbrella it was not added at the time of the 2.3 release. So only the master included the SP80 for the RSeries driver, not the release branch - and thats where my confusion was coming from. I had the master in mind and not the release branch 

So to have a single driver for we must wait for the next release. 

I'll also update my other post. I'm sorry for this
    Nico

• 3.  Re: Issue Connecting to SP80 Receiver Using R-Series Driver

Posted 06-17-2020 09:19

Thank you for the response Nico, I will await the next update of the TPSDK!