Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Accuracy in centimeters with SDK

• 1.  Accuracy in centimeters with SDK

Posted 02-15-2019 05:56

Hello everyone,

I am using java SDK on mobile.

The accuracy is not below 38 centimeters (Catalyst precision subscription) with SDK, and it is rare to success to go to this value.

But with the official app "Trimble mobile manager" goes faster to go around 3 centimeters (same catalyst account), from the same place.

I was in "Jardin du Luxembourg" in Paris to do the tests, no building, no three around the main fountain.

Google Maps 

To you know, even if it is the case, the SDK have less performance than the official app ? Or maybe I am doing something wrong ? (I used apk named "JCatalystFacadeDemo-debug.apk", and the implementation in our app)

Thanks you in advance,

Max.

• 2.  Re: Accuracy in centimeters with SDK
    Best Answer

Posted 02-15-2019 06:21

Hi,

The Catalyst SDK is the base for all application using Catalyst - so also for TMM.

The 'only' difference is that TMM does not use the facade layer is it didn't exists in the beginning - so TMM and the facade have been developed roughly at the same time (so in parallel).

I can only do wild musings - as you get down to 38cm you have a correction data stream.

But if its slower it sounds like you may get RTX via IP or even RTX via SV. This would explain the 38cm and the bigger delay - it will also get better then 38cm but will require more 'patience'.

Could you double check or log the solution type you use - if its RTX or RTK? How about the sample app that ships with the SDK. If you configure Trimble Correction Hub (TCH) as correction source you should get RTK automatically in Paris.

Regards

Nico

• 3.  Re: Accuracy in centimeters with SDK

Posted 02-21-2019 06:21

Hello Nico,

Thanks you for your details ! It solved the problem with Trimble Correction Hub. Your response was very helpful.

Have a nice day,

Max.