Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Catalyst supported apps

• 1.  Catalyst supported apps

Posted 09-27-2019 15:47

Hi All,

I have a question about supported apps that run off the Trimble mobile manager. Currently we have a Trimble Catalyst DA1 and we are just trying to find an app that will let us mark points for test holes. We have tried using the top apps listed on the site ie. Collector for Esri, Geometius, 3DR ect. as well as a few others. However most of these apps are a all in one solution and are subscription based. As we are already paying for the precision license for the Catalyst itself we are not looking to complicate our setup further by adding another subscription to the process. (We are a small company and we are not surveyors, so most of the features that these apps provide are essentially useless to us). My question is what type of app would you recommend for someone just looking to mark a few test holes and export the information into a .csv or whatever format for later use? Preferably we are looking for either a free app or a one time purchase app that would work well for us. 

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Catalyst supported apps
    Best Answer

Posted 10-01-2019 06:14

Hi,

the easiest way to go is most likely Trimble UAV Ground Control:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.trimble.uavgroundcontrol&hl=en

This would be a one-time buy - its designed to work with Catalyst and allows exporting to csv (via marking all points - and then share either to say Dropbox, Google Driver or email).

Another option would be to download the SDK. The SDK has a sample application (called facade) that actually also stores a point log (not single points but essentially the position stream).

With a little bit of technical try and error its rather easy to change the facade to a simple 'store point' application.

Downside is that you need to side-load the apk and fiddle a bit around. Also the application is really a sample application for the facade interface (the easy-to-use API wrapper for Catalyst) so not exactly user friendly.

So these are the two simplest options that come to my mind.

Regards

Nico