Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Unable to get correct orthometric heights on TDC150

• 1.  Unable to get correct orthometric heights on TDC150

Posted 10-12-2020 04:29

I am experiencing a problem on my and all of my clients TDC150: I select EGM96 as the Geoid in the GNSS configuration screen in Trimble Mobile Manager, switch to the Status screen to check my measurements and notice that the Geoid switches from EGM96 to RTCM and uses some Geoid Information from the RTCM messages, which is not the Geoid correction that I need. This happens only on TDC150 in combination with GNSS corrections from APOS (Austrian Positioning Service). I get correct orthometric heights when I use the TDC150 with GNSS correction from our company's own GNSS base station, but I also get correct orthometric heights when I use my Android phone with the Catalyst antenna and GNSS correction from either APOS or our own base (same settings in GNSS configuration in all cases). 

Our local Trimble Support can't seem to help with this problem so I am hoping to get some answers here! 

• 2.  Re: Unable to get correct orthometric heights on TDC150

Posted 10-13-2020 04:13

Hi Sebastian

Did you raise this with Trimble or your reseller?
    If you raised it with Trimble please provide me with the CASE # and I will follow this up directly through our support portal

If not I'll set you up In our support system to work through this as we will need some more technical detail to investigate

• 3.  Re: Unable to get correct orthometric heights on TDC150

Posted 10-13-2020 04:20

I contacted our local support through from our reseller (Allterra Austria/Germany) but they were unable to help me and directed me towards Trimble. I was unable to find a contact adress for support from Trimble directly, so I decided to turn to this forum. I don't have a CASE # on the support portal and would love you to set me up in your support system!

• 4.  Re: Unable to get correct orthometric heights on TDC150

Posted 10-13-2020 05:17

Ok no problem

Can you open Trimble Mobile Manager and send me the log files from the TDC150 please?

Just go with the default Catalyst_Support address and this will create a case in our system

Please add a short description and your contact email (If different to what you send it on) and I'll look out for it then contact you directly