Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Positions - TerraSync Import DDF/SSF not allowing Session functionality

• 1.  Positions - TerraSync Import DDF/SSF not allowing Session functionality

Posted 04-17-2020 13:20

After running a successful import, now i'm taking the same DDF out, collecting another SSF file using same ddf.  

When reopening the MXD holding the data, all the session functionality is turned off. I'm starting with the same project I used before. In otherwords, is the current 10.8.0.1 version of Positions, not able to support appending, adding more than one import per MXD?  The 10.8.01 does mention in known issues it does not support reopening of same SSF and adding to a feature, but this is not my issue.  I'm opening up new SSF files, using same DDF, same MXD, but not allowed to open the session.

• 2.  Re: Positions - TerraSync Import DDF/SSF not allowing Session functionality

Posted 04-23-2020 14:30

Hi Joel. It looks like the project is not opened or "current." If you open the Projects area of the Administration window, you should see the project you previously created listed and I would expect the row to be shaded in blue indicating it's referencing the same workspace as the open map document (i.e., it's compatible). Select that row and then click the "Set Current" button to open it in the dockable window where you'll see a list of sessions previously checked-in. This will change the project list row shading to green as well.

Typically, the add-in will remember the last used project and will try to open it by default the next time you run ArcMap and have the same map document open. But, there are a few cases where it won't, or can't, do this. Let's see where you get with the first part before we go into that.