Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Mock Location and Mock Location Extras

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Mock Location and Mock Location Extras

Posted 10-30-2017 04:53
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi, I am developer and director for Mapit GIS - is there any piece of documentation showing what exactly is being passed over via Mock location? Is this only position details or some other GNSS stats can be accessed via location extras?  I understand there is the SDK we can use, but this would be rather used by us to develop new apps around the Catalyst products.  We could apply very simple switch to read location from Mock provider and if there are some location extras available it would be great if we can access them to show some GNSS stats. Similar solution has been applied by Leica (Zeno) and EOS - so GNSS metadata like DOPs, RMSs, Correction Station Id, Correction age etc. can be read directly from Mock Location extras. I am looking forward to hear from you.

• 2.  Re: Mock Location and Mock Location Extras

Posted 12-13-2017 05:14

Hi Andrzej

The latest release version1.2.155 (December 5 2017) of Trimble Mobile Manger contains the enhancements you requested.

Specifically, hdop, vdop, pdop, diffAge, diffStatus, vrms, hrms, receiverModel, mockProvider, utcTime, satellitesView, satellitesId, satellitesElv, satellitesAzm, satellitesSnr, satellitesUse.

Please refer to the developer resources available in the Trimble Catalyst Developer Portal and on the Trimble Precision SDK for Trimble Catalyst Community page for more details and how to implement this correctly.

I'll also refer you (and others viewing this topic) back to the Position Logging App? discussion which covers this in a little more detail

• 3.  Re: Mock Location and Mock Location Extras

Posted 12-14-2017 02:33

Hi Tom, thanks for this. I am finishing off the implementation of the Location Extras provided by TMM into Mapit GIS - should be live on Google Play by the end of this week. I do appreciate your quick response in terms of providing additional information via Location Extras.

Kind Regards,
    Andrzej