Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TMM Mock Location not reliable with ESRI apps

• 1.  TMM Mock Location not reliable with ESRI apps

Posted 06-17-2021 11:12
    Hello

We have a new DA1 Catalyst with new Samsung android devices.

I have noticed a issue on our android devices where the TMM Mock Location is not allways getting pushed to ESRI collector or Fieldmaps.

I am unsure what is causing the problem , weather its the Samsung hardware or the software ( TMM vs ESRI Collector/Fieldmaps)

Its like even though the TMM is set as the mock location app, the integrate GPS is still working in the background and taking priority.

Here are some possible work arounds I have found, with varying success:

1)When using the Collector/Field maps app refresh the GPS location

2)you can sometimes get the TMM mock location to come back by checking the location provider setting in ESRI apps.

Also the GPS metadata in ESRI collector sometimes grabs the wrong GPS device name. 

Anyone experiencing the same problems or have a solution?

Thanks

------------------------------
    Matthew Criel

• 2.  RE: TMM Mock Location not reliable with ESRI apps
    Best Answer

Posted 06-24-2021 07:25
    Hi Matthew

I'll the community to respond regarding similar experiences.

From a Trimble perspective I would encourage you to send the log files through to us when you experience anything like this.
    Be sure to clearly in the description why you are sending the log files in with a date (and time if known) of when the issue occurred
    The support team can then take a look through the logs and from a TMM perspective highlight and potential causes* then give feedback (and a solution if possible)

* We're assuming here that you are on the latest app versions for all the components, have your mock location provider set to TMM, have battery optimisation disabled for the TMM app

With regards to configuration I'd just like to highlight the Product Configuration guide  which provides configuration and setup guidance for most of the ESRI app solutions

Tom Harrison