Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

DA2 Catalyst

• 1.  DA2 Catalyst

Posted 11-18-2021 09:18
    Hello All 
    we just received the new DA2 Catalyst and are using the Terraflex app. 
    We are an architectural office and venturing into development, property acquisition etc. 

We did successfully collect data with the device and created a topography with Autodesk Revit. 

As far as I understand it, the file the terraflex app creates is has the .tmap extension. From there we created a CSV file for CAD. 

The question we have is if the opposite workflow is possible?
    More specifically is it possible to add information with the CAD software to the tmap file, so that when in the field collecting data, for example the property lines are visible in the terraflex software?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    vince Cataldo

• 2.  RE: DA2 Catalyst

Posted 11-19-2021 12:51

Hi Vince,

It is possible to import data into the Connect Map Viewer (.tmap) file to have it displayed and even updated if needed via the TerraFlex application. A TerraFlex Advanced subscription is required to perform 'data update' workflows and to create tasks/to-do's for your field teams. The functionality can also be used to view reference data.

To import data, inside the Map Viewer, click the "+" icon and select 'Import from File.' The Map viewer does best with importing shapefiles or KML/KMZ. Most CAD packages should have the ability to export your data in one of these formats so you can import it into the Map Viewer. The data you import must be in the same coordinate system as your Map Workspace. For more information on the import functionality, you can reference the TerraFlex Help Portal

From there, you can choose to just keep it in your map as a layer, or to create a Form Template from the schema and be able to collect or update data using TerraFlex Mobile.

Lane Carter

• 3.  RE: DA2 Catalyst

Posted 12-02-2021 15:18
    Hi..couple questions if anyone can clear up:

- Do I need Trimble Mobile Manager if I have Terraflex?

- I cant seem to get the accuracy promised ...is there a specific thing that needs to be done? Or a tutorial?

--
    Vincent R. Cataldo 
    Principal;
     Infuz Ltd., Architects
    Cell: (586) 295-7604
    Office: (313) 332-1299
    1111 Bellevue, Ste. 201, Detroit, MI 48207
    VD+B + Infuz Logos - No text white-01.jpg
    The information contained in this transmission (including any attachments) is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, dissemination, distribution, or copy of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please erase all copies of this message and its attachments and notify me immediately.

• 4.  RE: DA2 Catalyst

Posted 12-03-2021 09:13
    Hi Vince

If you are using or plan on using Catalyst On Demand subscriptions (these are the hourly increments) then yes you must have Trimble Mobile Manager (TMM) installed as this is where you manage and run the OnDemand subscription from.
    There are some good videos illustrating this process in the community (links below):
    Otherwise no it's no necessary to install TMM

I would however advise you do install it for troubleshooting purposes.
    For example any issues with Terraflex and you can use TMM to troubleshoot and isolate a SW or wider issue, but it's entirely your choice.

Tom Harrison