Trimble Connect Knowledge Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Importing Revit Linked Models

• 1.  Importing Revit Linked Models

Posted 06-17-2021 13:25
    Hello - 

I have a Revit model with a linked model from a consultant in it. I am trying to export a 3D view to Trimble Connect for use in my Hololens 2 headset on-site. 

Currently the linked model is not included when I export from the central model, so I have both models in the TC Project, but I can't find how to combine them to see both at the same time or open both in the HL2. Do I need to manually combine these as IFC files for this? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

------------------------------
    Hugh Soward

• 2.  RE: Importing Revit Linked Models

Posted 11-13-2021 23:16
    Hi, did you figured out how to solve this?, I am also trying to do this, but the only way I could was to "Bind link"

MLC VR

• 3.  RE: Importing Revit Linked Models

Posted 11-19-2021 01:43
    Hello @Hugh Soward,

Currently it's not possible to upload the linked Revit models from the central Revit model using the Connect for Revit add-in. The workaround is to open the linked models in Revit one by one and upload them separately. When uploading, it's good to use the shared coordinate option to make sure that the linked models are aligned properly in Connect.​ However, note that the link between the Revit models is not preserved in the upload and the models will be separate models in Connect (showing/hiding should be done per model). We have now recorded the capability to upload all the linked models from the central Revit model as feature request for the Connect for Revit add-in.

Best regards,
    Jari

Jari Juntunen

• 4.  RE: Importing Revit Linked Models

Posted 03-27-2023 15:28

We are very interested in this. We are finding uploading the individual models separately, they come in at different co-ordinates.

Ed DablinEd Dablin