Mapping and GIS Solutions Community

Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble Catalyst not found in ArcGIS Collector

Thread closed by the administrator, not accepting new replies.
  • 1.  Trimble Catalyst not found in ArcGIS Collector

Posted 05-20-2018 22:11
    No replies, thread closed.

Hi, I'm currently using Trimble Catalyst to position within ArcGIS Collector. I have installed TMM, where I can see via GNSS subscription that Catalyst is achieving 30cm accuracy. I have stepped through the TMM and Collector set-up instructions: Configuring the correct GNSS Receiver Coordinate System In ESRI Collector  and Configuring Catalyst In ESRI Collector, including adding the antenna to the location provider in Collector. However, when I view a map in Collector, I am given the error message "Your current receiver Catalyst was not found. Ensure your receiver is powered on". Catalyst seems to be working without issue with the Android device, but does not seem to be talking to Collector. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

• 2.  Re: Trimble Catalyst not found in ArcGIS Collector

Posted 05-21-2018 07:58

Hi,

my guess is that you are still connect in Trimble Mobile Manager - while you want to connect with ESRI Collector.

The antenna connection is a 1:1 resource on your Android phone. In other words only one application can use Catalyst at a given time - or you share the position via Android mock locations.

Could you please double check:

1. In TMM, connect to Catalyst
    2. Verify you get a valid position (just to be sure)
    3. Disconnect in TMM (so that the Catalyst service icon on the upper left disappears).
    4. Switch to ESRI Collector
    5. Configure Catalyst as location provider
    6. Go into the map view (where the error message showed up before).

The Catalyst service icon should appear in the upper left corner plus a position should be available soon after.

Regards

Nico

• 3.  Re: Trimble Catalyst not found in ArcGIS Collector

Posted 05-21-2018 22:45

Thanks so much! The above instructions worked and I'm now able to position within Collector without issue. Cheers