Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

• 1.  Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-24-2017 21:13

My team and I have been creating some views and sharing them in Trimble connect. Everyone we share with gets an email for every single view that is shared no matter what their notification setting are. We are sharing a lot of views and getting a lot people in the team frustrated with the amount auto notification emails they are getting. How do stop the auto emails from sharing of view? My current email settings are shown below as well as view of my email inbox after a team member shared views with me.

• 2.  Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-27-2017 10:34

Hello Martin,

Thanks for posting on our community forum.  I have reviewed the case above and noted the following below.  In the case where a view is created and shared with specific users on the project, then those users will receive an e-mail notification that a view has been shared with their user.  However, if a view was created and not shared with anyone, then that view would be created and there would be no notification sent, unless a user subscribed to the Views notification.  I hope this clears up the issue for you.  

• 3.  Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-27-2017 11:02

Jose,

So just to clarify if I create a view and do not share it, then all of the users on the project still have access to it? 

• 4.  Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-27-2017 11:56

Hello Martin,

Thanks for getting back to us.  A view created by a user is not visible to other users unless that view has been shared with other users.  If a user in the project is an admin, then an admin can see all views in the project along with all other permissions based functionality since an admin has full access to the project.

• 5.  Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-27-2017 12:09

Jose,

It would be extremely desirable for my team to share to views with each other without having to have auto-notifications emailed for every single view shared. We are working on a plan to use views as fabrication instructions/sequencing for our precast plant operations in lieu of 2D drawings and one key item holding us back are these email notifications. We plan on making thousands of views over the course of the project and need to share with 100+ people in the company. Can Trimble Connect team work on turning this feature off if so chosen by each of the users? It would be greatly appreciated.

• 6.  Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 03-27-2017 12:22

Hello Martin,

Thanks for getting back to us.  If you would like to request a feature or enhancement, such as the option to select e-mail notifications for shared views, please send an e-mail to our support channel at connect-support@trimble.com so that we can further assist you on this issue.  In the meantime, I recommend you setup a filter on your mail client to move those messages to a specific folder in your Inbox so that it does not interfere with other mail in your inbox.  

• 7.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 10-08-2021 08:37
    Hi!

I am running into the same issue as the one in question at this discussion. My team and I are creating views to share to the the rest of the team and we get email notifications for each view. Has there been an update to the software to turn on/off this option?

Thank you

------------------------------
    Abraham Jimenez

• 8.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-16-2022 02:09
    We have the same request to have an option to turn off email notification on view sharing.

Cuong Hoang Van

• 9.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-17-2022 06:07
    Hi Cuong,
    The request is noted.  Currently the option available is that the Project Admin can allow the users to turn on / off their own notification settings.  Then the respective user(s) can opt to not receive the email notifications. 

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 10.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-17-2022 13:33
    Notification settings not working for views?

Best Regards,
    T Laine

• 11.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-18-2022 02:40
    No. Notification setting does not work for views.

Cuong Hoang Van
    BIMHanoi Solutions Co.,Ltd
    www.bimhanoi.vn

• 12.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-19-2022 22:47
    Hi Coong,
    By notification settings not working for Views - do you mean , when the notification settings are turned off - even then emails are sent?
    Or is it that the emails are not getting delivered even when the notifications are turned on?

Could you please confirm. 

Regards

Darshan Rajaram Kamat

• 13.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-20-2022 00:53
    Hi Darshan,
    Thank you. We are able to turn off email notification via Project setting.

Cuong Hoang Van
    BIMHanoi Solutions Co.,Ltd
    www.bimhanoi.vn

• 14.  RE: Re: Sharing Views - Auto Email Notification Settings

Posted 06-20-2022 05:37
    Edited by Darshan Rajaram Kamat 06-20-2022 05:38
    Hi Cuong,
    Thanks for confirming. 

Regards