Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Sketchup models that are visible using a HoloLens 2 are not visible when using a HoloLens 1

• 1.  Sketchup models that are visible using a HoloLens 2 are not visible when using a HoloLens 1

Posted 02-16-2021 06:52
    Hi, I've been trying to view Sketchup 2020 models using Connect on both a HoloLens 2 and a HoloLens 1. I've been able to view the models just fine on the HL2, but every time I try to open them on the HL1, I get a message saying that the model wasn't finished uploading and/or the upload was unsuccessful. I've made sure that both headsets are on the latest Windows update and latest version Connect. How can I fix this?

------------------------------
    TRAVIS ROTHBLOOM

• 2.  RE: Sketchup models that are visible using a HoloLens 2 are not visible when using a HoloLens 1

Posted 02-22-2021 13:24
    Hello Travis:
    I would highly recommend that you switch to using Microsoft HoloLens 2 and/or Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2 devices with Trimble Connect for Hololens Software. 
    Due to significant changes in functionality between HoloLens 1 and 2, all releases of Trimble Connect for HoloLens v 3.0 and later is being developed exclusively for Microsoft HoloLens 2 and Trimble XR10 with HoloLens 2. New versions of the software wont be backwards compatible with Microsoft HoloLens 1. We will however continue to keep our current TCH version for Hololens 1 in the store until we no longer have resources to do so.
    Best Regards

Sree Ceemalapati
    Trimble // Product Leader
    Trimble Buildings || Field Technology || AR - MR - VR

• 3.  RE: Sketchup models that are visible using a HoloLens 2 are not visible when using a HoloLens 1

Posted 02-23-2021 08:06

Thanks for your response Sree. Does that mean that these models will never be able to work on the HoloLens 1, or is there a way to reprocess them at all so they're viewable by both? 

The HoloLens 1's we have were a significant cost investment for my company and it'd be a shame to need to purchase the newer devices just to use Connect, especially with all the optical issues of the HL2. Is there a stable past release that we can use just for the HoloLens 1 that still works?

TRAVIS ROTHBLOOM