Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

• 1.  Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 09-23-2021 05:13

Hi,

My office has been relying heavily on Trimble Connect working in TS2019i, we are now in the progress of transitioning to TS2021.

However, now we have encountered that automatic model uploads do not work in this version. We work in Model Sharing. We tried setting the Advanced Option XS_UPLOAD_SHARED_MODEL_TO_CONNECT to WRITEOUT and BASELINE. Both of these values only work with the first save, uploading the entire model. Then, no matter if it's a write-out or baseline, nothing uploads to Trimble Connect. We tried this multiple times and there is only one version in the model version history in Trimble Connect. 

I checked all online guidelines and youtube videos, there is no explanation for this. 

Could someone please advise what we are missing?

Thank You

------------------------------
    Piotr Napiorkowski

• 2.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 09-24-2021 01:03
    Hi Piotr, 
    Can you do a Diagnose and repair the model and try the transfer again?
    Regards

Alex.

• 3.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 09-24-2021 01:53

Hi Alexandre,

I tried that and it did not change anything (Database diagnosed and ok).

I tried it on a brand new model, on an ongoing model - still nothing.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Piotr Napiorkowski

• 4.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 09-24-2021 04:49
    Piotr, 
    I have had this problem before and in my case, the model repair worked.
    I invite you to ask your question to your local technical support or on the Tekla forum.

Alex.

• 5.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 10-07-2021 05:22
    This turned out to be a problem with Tekla Structures client settings. Uploads worked fine in standard Tekla Environment.

Piotr Napiorkowski

• 6.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 04-03-2022 20:46
    Dear Piotr,

Can you please let me know, what was the setting change you did, so that the Tekla model is getting uploaded to Trimble connect after every successful write out??

Gopinathan N Y

• 7.  RE: Automatic Upload to TC not working - TS 2021

Posted 04-03-2022 22:57

Gopinathan,

We didn't change any settings, as we stopped using the Automatic Upload, due to the fact that it uses the default Model or Project Origin Point. 
    That means we cannot use our own defined custom Origin Point that would be supplied by our client for coordination purposes with other trades - which means the TC model would be useless for us.
    We use the Manual Upload because of this (File -> Export -> Trimble Connect) as it uses your own Export Settings, where you can define the Origin Point.

Trimble Support is aware of this and has replied, that "we are the only ones that have a problem with using the Model or Project Origin Point" and that we should just use the Manual Upload.

They also said that they will "take a look" if they should add a definable Origin Point, but so far nothing like that was implemented.

Piotr Napiorkowski