Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

• 1.  Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 12-14-2020 07:33

Hi
    I´m having trouble with the accuracy of my Sitevision unit out on site – I'm working in Denmark.

When I tap the GNSS Status icon the position status height is around 100m, when compared to our other Trimble survey equipment it should be more like 15m. Is there anything I can do to reset or adjust?

I´ve checked that we're using the correct coordinate system, I haven't adjusted the GNSS Minimum High Accuracy so it's still at 5cm. And this is whilst there is a decent connection i.e. icon is green with over 15 satellites.

------------------------------
    Peter Otiv

• 2.  RE: Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 12-14-2020 07:38
    Hello Peter, 

You might find answers or better support in the Trimble Catalyst Community. This forum is for Trimble Connect discussion.

Laura Cook

• 3.  RE: Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 12-20-2020 13:48

Hi Peter,

I found your Support request and will answer your question from there.

I expect this will be related to the Geoid in use by your model, or the fact that without a model you will be using a Global Geoid (EGM96). But it may take some back and forth to identify and resolve this.

Brendon Edge
    Geospatial Support Manager
    Trimble New Zealand

• 4.  RE: Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 02-24-2021 01:17
    Hi Brendon

I replied to your message directly in the email so I guess it didn't get through to you, hope you see this one.

I've uploaded one of the model files (dgn) we're using plus the jxl file that I made in Business Centre and log file from Sitevision.

We're working near to Skjern, Denmark so I believe the coordinate system should be KP2000J with geoid DVR90

best regards
    Peter Otiv

Peter Otiv

Attachment(s)

zip
    trimble.zip   22.23 MB 1 version
    zip
    EmailSupportData.zip   2.98 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 03-03-2021 01:43
    Hi Brendon I've replied to your email but if it doesn't get through to you here it is again:

Hi Brendon,

Thanks for your reply. I think you're right, everything seems to be set up as it should be. That's good to know.

It's a bit tricky for me to double check because the building site is far from my own location and the guys on site don't have time to investigate in so much detail. Next time I'm out there I'll make the checks you've suggested here and get back to you but there could go a couple of months before that happens.

Thanks for the help, hopefully the problem has resolved itself

Peter Otiv

• 6.  RE: Catalyst with Sitevision - height problem

Posted 03-03-2021 14:43
    Thanks Peter. I got your last email reply in our CRM (Salesforce).

Think the issue was the large file size of your model. Unfortunately Salesforce rejects emails with large attachments and doesn't notify the sender or us sadly.

I expect you are good to go with the JXL and the Geoid now. Let me know if there's any future issues though. 

Brendon Edge
    Geospatial Support Manager
    Trimble New Zealand