Trimble Connect User Forum

View Only

Office 365

Ricci Stevens's profile image
Ricci Stevens posted 05-16-2022 06:01
I have been scouring the knowledgebase and forums looking for any information I can find regarding Trimble Connect and Office 365. Other than the announcement that Trimble Connect now works with Office 365 there is nothing further that I can find. Am I looking in the wrong place? How can I copy a word or excel template via the web browser? How can I copy a word or excel template via the mobile app?  When I open the file in my Office 365 it wants to save to my One Drive rather than Trimble Connect, how do I have it save back to Trimble Connect? There are so many questions and I just can't find where to go to find the answers.
Laura Cook's profile image
Laura Cook
Hi @Ricci Stevens

We have some more information available here: https://docs.browser.connect.trimble.com/files-folders/working-with-microsoft-office-files

As for your questions

• In order to start using MS365 with Trimble Connect you must upload the file directly into the project. I don't know if there is a way to copy a template from MS365 to Trimble Connect since the integration is coming from Trimble Connect - vs MS365 having an integration to Connect (meaning having an ability to push content from MS365 to Connect)
  • The integration is only available for Trimble Connect for Browser - there isn't support for editing of files on the Trimble Connect Mobile app
  • You have to open the MS365 file from Trimble Connect in order to be able to save it back into the project (again related to the first point - the integration is on the Trimble Connect side - not on MS365)