Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

• 1.  How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-05-2020 19:06

In TBC, I can run a network adjustment and the report can show the coordinates up to 4,5,6,etc. decimal places. How do I set it so that the standard deviations (aka. "northing error/easting error/elevation error") are shown up to 4,5,6etc. decimal places in the network adjustment report?

• 2.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-05-2020 23:18

Hello

I am not an Export on Network adjustments, but did you try to change the Project settings in TBC?

and then press OK to save it to your current Project.

(Note: Its not a standard now, you just changed the settings in this Project)

Let me know if it works!

Cheers

Luca

• 3.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-05-2020 23:32

How Luca said you will need to change Project settings and if you want it to become a standard save it in your Template.

• 4.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-06-2020 11:37

Thanks for your responses Luca and Filip. I did try this, however it only changes the decimal places on the coordinates. The standard errors are still only 3 decimals.

• 5.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-06-2020 11:40

I had a picture but it didn't come through in my last post. Please click below:

Network Adjustment Report

• 6.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-08-2020 22:55

Have you saved the project after changing the coordinates to 5 digits? Sometimes TBC needs to be reopen after changes in the settings.

My second guess is, there could be a second setting which uses the import file Format instead the Project settings. Try to change them like on the pictures below. 

• 7.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-11-2020 10:51

I tried both of these options but am still having the same issue. I'm starting to think that this cannot be changed. Is there a way to make a suggestion to the development team so that TBC can show these values to 4 decimal places?

Thanks again.

• 8.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-11-2020 10:56

Maybe with hashtags if someone from Trimble is following.

#development #tbcdeveloper #tbcoptions #tbcoptions

• 9.  Re: How do I show standard deviations to 4 decimal places in TBC?

Posted 11-12-2020 10:04

Hi, 

Since this is more of a distance than a coordinate, you can change the decimal place as below. 

But I think TBC only supports 5 decimal places maximum. Would that work for you?

Rui