Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC LandXML Export to C3D

• 1.  TBC LandXML Export to C3D

Posted 05-14-2018 13:54

I have been building surfaces in TBC for the last year and I have loved the options and convenience of not having to use C3D to do my work. TBC is far better for survey work and to visualize 3D for this work; however the end product goes to engineers who need it in #c3d; so here is my problem:

I create the surface in TBC without ever creating contours. I then export that #surface using the #landxml option (this is the only thing I have found that goes into C3D). When the LandXML is imported into C3D there are contours associated with the surface. I leave it up to the engineers to create the contours based on the TIN. Does any one know why this is and how to correct this?

• 2.  Re: TBC LandXML Export to C3D

Posted 05-18-2018 21:40

Well, it is the Surface properties set in Civil 3D. The contours, points, borders etc can be set to visible or invisible. The surface appears on the screen as per these properties. Nothing wrong. All is well.

• 3.  Re: TBC LandXML Export to C3D

Posted 05-21-2018 05:44

Thank you for the reply. The problem is once in C3D the contours are not "actual" contours by C3D standards, I believe they're just polylines of some sort and because of the connection I can't delete them or make changes to them.

• 4.  Re: TBC LandXML Export to C3D

Posted 05-21-2018 21:15

I did not understand your term "actual" contours !!

In C3D the contours visibility can be set in its properties. You can also

set the layer, interval etc. When you open an exported surface, C3D is

using a default setting in properties. You can access and make your choices

and make the surface look as you want.

All contours are polylines in essence.

Hope this helps.

On Mon, May 21, 2018 at 4:44 PM slahann@cap-az.com <trimble@jiveon.com>