Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Station Offset Elevation and Template Instruction Questions

• 1.  Station Offset Elevation and Template Instruction Questions

Posted 05-01-2019 08:33

I received these questions by email overnight and I thought it worth capturing them here. The questions relate to Reporting using the Station Offset Elevation reports and also some questions about Template Instruction - Slope Field Editing. Here are the questions

1. Is there a way to generate an excel report that is alignment based to give offset and slope for existing line work? I can create this report as shown in the screen grab but it also generates values at either points that are on the alignment or the lines I’ve selected. I would only want it to report at the specified station interval of the chainage, offset, and slope between the 2 lines
    2. When also getting it to report on the slope is there a way to make it report as a ratio instead of a percent?
    3. Similar to above, when creating a corridor template instruction of say, offset/slope in a template.is there a way to select whether the table uses percentage or ratio as the slope input?

Answers are listed below in the response

• 2.  Re: Station Offset Elevation and Template Instruction Questions

Posted 05-01-2019 08:38

1)    If as shown in your screen grabs you have a Surface and an Alignment then I would use the "Surface Cross Sections" method - that            will allow you to report at just the intervals you define and not at all the Node Points

The Point ID should be in the Feature Code field (I have requested that change as we are doing some other fixes to the Report right       now for 5.1 release), and I set the Slope value to report as a Ratio as described below here.
    2)    In Project Settings, under Units and Vertical Angle there is a setting that is called Percent to Ratio Limit and it is normally set to 10% -         however you can change that to 0% if you want all slopes reported as a ratio, if you want slopes below 6%as a % and above 6% as a         Ratio then set this to 6% and then the report will write Ratios accordingly.
    3)   When inputting Slope Values into a Template Instruction if you enter 1:3 in a % field it will read it as a ratio and convert it to a % value.       Same if you have eg a Wall which has a Vertical Angle of 84 degrees from Hz or 6 degrees from Vt then you can enter slopes as H84       or V6 or H-84 or V-6 etc. The input selector is really just a display control - you don't have to keep changing it unless you need to - it       does convert the input value into the display method - so if you always work ratios then you can enter -2% and it will convert it to 1:50       etc. Same applies when entering data into Tables.
          You can use the pull down selectors for the Slope field and choose to enter Slopes as a Ratio or a % value at any time also. I typically       just select one and enter a 1:3 or % or V or H type entry when I want to override the input method selected.