Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Utility clash detection

• 1.  Utility clash detection

Posted 02-12-2019 02:58

Hello,

We are getting good interest in TBC's Utility Module but at the moment clash detection is entirely manual (E.g. pipe to pipe clash or pipe to rock strata clash). Am I missing something? See below. On a complex site it can be very easy to miss clashes like this:

Are there any plans to include this in the future?

Also there does not seem to be any way to export the pipework in a useable format to check for clashes in Tekla BIMSight. All that is exported from the pipework in the CAD file is the centre line - see below.

Can anyone else suggest anything here?

There are opportunities here as Civil 3D can automatically idenify clashes but it is vert difficult to quantify the degree of clash. In TBC we at least can measure the degree of clash pretty easily. If this was automated this would be even better.

Many thanks,

DCM

• 2.  Re: Utility clash detection

Posted 02-12-2019 05:41

David

Of course we would like to add Clash to this solution at some point in the future. The first pass at Utilities was primarily focused on Takeoff i.e. taking the quantities out of a Utility Model for Pipe, Structure and trench material quantities. The visual aspects of Utilities are of course appealing as is the BIM Model Potential and we get requests to a) be able to output the data in e.g. IFC or DWG formats so we can share with other solutions for BIM purposes, and we also see requests to generate outputs or clash analysis by means other than visual inspection (which is helpful for sure but as you point out not automated.

You can output Pipes and Manholes and Box Sructures to LandXML, however LandXML has some limitations at this time.

I can assure you that the product Management team is very aware of these requirements, but I am not allowed to comment on whether or not these will be implemented at any time for the normal Trimble reasons.

Thanks for your feedback - glad that you are finding Utilities Module useful (at least to a point)

Alan

• 3.  Re: Utility clash detection

Posted 02-12-2019 06:12

Hi Alan,

Okay - good to see that you are aware of the requirement and I would agree IFC export would be great. Overall the combined features within TBC version 5 are great and the feedback is consistently very positive.

Regards

DCM

• 4.  RE: Re: Utility clash detection

Posted 02-06-2024 08:51

Hi Alan - Do you have any update on this feature being added to TBC?

Thanks in advance,

MB

------------------------------
    Mitch Benner
    ------------------------------