Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Issue with Lock File

• 1.  Issue with Lock File

Posted 02-05-2020 05:52

Been getting an error recently whenever I close a project stating "lock file was not deleted" (paraphrased). This is then followed by an error about the lock file whenever I open the project. It's been happening pretty regularly & on various files. Was wondering if anyone else was having this issue. Thanks, 

• 2.  Re: Issue with Lock File

Posted 02-05-2020 05:58

Is the project file stored in a location that you do not have permission to delete files from?

• 3.  Re: Issue with Lock File

Posted 02-06-2020 21:36

I get this very frequently on network drives.  Not too bad if you are the last to open the project (TBC will offer to delete it).

If you are not that last to open it, then you have to hunt down the down file in windows explorer and delete it manually, very irritating! 

Full read/write/delete permissions here, so that is not the issue, but thanks for the suggestion Wayne.

• 4.  Re: Issue with Lock File

Posted 06-15-2020 09:19

I began getting this error when I started using a PC running Windows 10 Pro.  The PC is part of domain that uses mapped drives. I noticed this error often appeared after Windows Explorer closed unexpectedly. Some Interest research on the Windows Explorer issue reveal this problem may be related to mapped drives and group policy settings. Some say…when the setting is set to refresh, then Windows Explorer does not close unexpectedly.  We have not tested this theory yet.