Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Difference in height Colours

• 1.  Difference in height Colours

Posted 01-31-2019 07:54

Hi.

Adding 2 pics here. 

For quality, i sometimes use colours to se if i got some problems with slopes in my flat surfaces and together with smart text it is a easy way to check a surface.

Since starting with TBC 5 i have noticed that it is some strange with the colurs sometimes. If you look at the pics you can see that the red surface in the bottom is different to the other surfaces but the all have the same height. Anybodu now why? 

• 2.  Re: Difference in height Colours

Posted 02-04-2019 23:51

Fred

That is a great question - and I have no idea why - can you share the model with me by email and I will take a look. Normally I would put this down to

1) Shadows / shading in the view - try turning Shadows Off and see if that helps

2) The elevation of that area being slightly higher than 20.80 i.e. 20.82' yet the label still shows 20.8 (that could be it as I got a similar effect on my test model when I did that despite the color range ending at 20.8 - it was slightly darker

3)The Transparency setting - but this all looks like one surface so all is set to 20%

4) If you use a Black Background but have a PDF with White Background behind some but not all the objects, and have a Transparency set on the surface, those elements that are over the Black background will be darker than those over the White Background. The same could apply if you have a Subgrade Surface underneath one but not all of the pad areas etc. - if you set the transparency to 0 what happens?

Otherwise I got consistent results when all the elevations were in fact 20.8 and all were above the same white or black background etc.

If these don't work Fred, send me the file and I will take a look for you

Alan

• 3.  Re: Difference in height Colours

Posted 02-05-2019 00:02

Thanks for your answer Alan. I just tried your tips and when i turned off shadings it did look correct. The strange thing is that it is only that one part wich looks incorrect and the others looks fine with shadings on. 

Hava an nice day!