Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

• 1.  RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

Posted 07-17-2019 06:44

I've exported point cloud scan data in RCP format and attached as a reference in Civil3D 2016. It's coming in about 4.4 feet shifted to the southwest. This difference is much smaller than the scaling of state plane grid to ground so that doesn't seem to be the issue.  However, I've exported in LAS format and it imports in the correct position in C3D yet of course the cloud points then are all white and fairly useless unlike the RCP format which is fully colorized as displayed in TBC.

This is through a Recap Pro 2019 license.

• 2.  Re: RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

Posted 07-17-2019 11:58

Here's screen shots. White is LAS that lines up within mapped lines, color is shifted.

• 3.  Re: RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

Posted 07-21-2019 16:16

I figured this out.It's partly that C3D 2016 assumes attached data is in International feet, and a TBC export setting.

Using C3D 2019, with the attached data setting set to US Survey Feet in the "units" command, and export from TBC with the scaling option in the export RCP format as "grid" instead of ground even though I've scaled my data using Local Site Settings, then it attaches in C3D 2019 in the correct position.

• 4.  RE: Re: RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

Posted 12-02-2021 08:16
    Try typing in 'ddunits' and change insertion scale to 'US Survey Feet'. Then try importing again.

------------------------------
    Brandon McCreery

• 5.  RE: Re: RCP cloud format misaligned in C3D

Posted 12-03-2021 11:01
    That's a deep dive into old posts, but not. Changing dwg units to Survey feet doesn't fix it.  Have to attach the RCP with a scale being the fraction of international to US feet.

Robert Hoy