Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Select By Layer isn't Always Available

• 1.  Select By Layer isn't Always Available

Posted 10-02-2020 06:55

When you are in certain menus or have certain functions open inside of business center and try to run an additional command that involves selecting objects, select by layer isn't always possible within the tool opened, as in the field is greyed out with only layer zero shown and it is not selectable.

In this particular case, if I have template editor open, and try to run a corridor station offset report I can not select my topo shots by their layer to run the report against the updated surface. I believe this is also the case with alignment editor and side slope template editor as well.

*It seems that the View Filter Manager requires an update or refresh in these instances.

• 2.  Re: Select By Layer isn't Always Available

Posted 10-04-2020 10:05

Scott

I am running 5.32 and I think I see what you are seeing - it looks like a defect in the Layer List generation - I have data on a CFMAP Labels, Layer 0, a SHeet Layer and an Alignments layer and it only shows me 2 layers (0 and one other), and then I created some point data on a different layer and then I see several layers - I have not seen it greyed out only that it is not giving me the complete list of Layers that have data on them (or the complete list of layers period) but I like the fact that it shows only layers with data on them (in the Plan View (excludes Sheet View correctly).

I will log this in as a defect.

Alan

• 3.  Re: Select By Layer isn't Always Available

Posted 10-04-2020 12:14

Yes it seems like a glitch, I have noticed it in earlier versions as well, I have trouble duplicating the issue and it is easily solved by closing the command the current view filter manager re-open view filter manager and then restart command.