Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

• 1.  5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-01-2019 11:28

I usually don't have issues like this but I guess today's my day. I need to get this resolved as I have a lot of work ahead starting Monday morning.

TBC 5.1 hangs at the splash screen displaying "Initializing Database" but after several minutes, displays the message in the screen grab:

Upon clicking OK, the program closes.

During the initial installation, I received a message that the .NET installation failed and I chose the "Continue Installation" option. The error in the clip# occurred then as it continues to occur after several uninstall and re-install attempts, reboots as well as manually updating to .NET 4.8 directly from MS .NET website. 

I also ran Windows Update multiple time so I'm pretty confident Windows is up to date.

Not sure what I've done incorrectly but I need to get this resolved as soon as possible.

I am going to go back and try to get 5.0.2 going in the interim.

Thanks in advance for any help.

-Rich

• 2.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-01-2019 12:11

I uninstalled 5.1 and  re-installed 5.0 then updated to 5.0.2. 

Confirmed I could open a project. Check! Whew!

(had to keep fiddling)

"Properly" uninstalled 5.0.2 through Apps and Features.

(In my excitement to load 5.1, I didn't uninstall 5.0 first and I guess I created a mess in the registry)

Anyway - I re-installed 5.1 and "BAM" the program is starting!!! Yea!!!!

But after a couple minute hang on the "Starting Program" splash screen, the following popups appear:

Hit OK

Hit OK.

Program fully loads (whew!) and I am able to load a project (yea!) but what can we do about the syntax errors?

I'm emotionally spent.... time for a beer!

Moral of the story; use your best practices and properly uninstall the previous version.

• 3.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-01-2019 14:29

These Traceback Errors are caused by having duplicate or mismatched TMLs installed - In the TBC Training we installed all the latest Macros in a new subfolder - some have prbably been added to the installation and go in the standard folder for your macros - I would delete the extra subfolder for the macros that we created at the PUG class and that will likely resolve the issue here. Any missing macros you can download the latest from the Macros Forum once you get things running smoothly.

The macros are installed in your Userdata folder - locate that and in the TML Macros folder you will see a subfolder that we created in the training class - delete it and leave the master macros folder in place - open the folders and check the contents of each and delete those macros that triggered the Traceback issues on startup

Alan

• 4.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-02-2019 05:40

The path to the macro folder is as follows

C:\ProgramData\Trimble\MacroCommands

In that folder there is a \Trimble folder - that is where TBC installs macros that ship with the product installation.

I typically have a \Temp Macros folder also in which I install non standard macros or macros from other sources etc.

TBC reads all folders in this location and loads all macros.

If you installed the same macro in two locations then it triggers he Traceback issue that you have seen.

If you have an old / out of date macro that has been updated then you can also see the Traceback issue that you have seen.

If you see a Traceback issue on start up then

1) Go to this folder / set of folders and see if the Macro that is flagged in the Traceback error is installed twice - if yes, then keep the version in the \Trimble Folder and delete the one in the other folders. You may want to cut and paste the Macro files from that location and move them to some Temp location on your PC until you know you have the latest version etc

2) If after removal of duplicates you find that you still get a Traceback issue at start up then your macro is out of date - you can check the Macros Forum for a newer version or you can go to www.RockpileSolutions.com and install their TML Status Macro which will then help you keep Macros in check moving forwards.

If you are still seeing issues after following these steps, please let me know.

Macros typically include the following files

1) a .py extension file (and sometimes a .pydll

2) a .xaml extension file

3) a .png extension file

All files have the same name but a different extension. Not all three files are 100% necessary so not all macros have the three files depending on how they were created.

There is one other thing that we have seen that I know the team have been solving, but I am not sure of the current status - and that is when you download files from the web servers, they get a protection state on them sometimes, to remove that protection state you find the macro files, right click and select properties and in the Attributes section where it normally shows [  ] Read Only and [  ] Hidden it also shows something else (not under Advanced) - I apologize but I cannot recall what it says - but there is an option to unprotect or similar - if it is shown, do the unprotect type function and you will then be OK - this can also be a cause of the Traceback error

Alan

• 5.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-03-2019 13:36

Thanks Alan

Deleted duplicate macros and updated a couple others and now everything is tickety boo (that's good). Sorry for the false 911.

• 6.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 06-03-2019 13:42

No problem - I held the fire truck back because I have seen this one personally ...

Alan

Sent from my iPhone

• 7.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 08-26-2019 09:27

I just downloaded the TML's that I don't have from Rockpile Solutions link and added it on my Macro folder and i'm getting this error message when I re-opened Business Center. 

Am I missing something here? I already checked and made sure that no duplicates in the TML folder. 

I'm currently in a position of needing that Radial Points command then I realized I don't have it on my workspace yet.  :/

• 8.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 08-26-2019 10:18

Hi Karen,

I sounds like you are missing the latest TMLStatus ( this should download it for you). There have been quite a few changes behind the scenes in the past few months and you are probably out of date.  Once TMLStatus is installed you can download / update the RadialPoints and RadialPointsEx TMLs. 

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

Peter

• 9.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 08-26-2019 10:48

Thanks Peter. That TML Status fixed it. 

• 10.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 08-26-2019 09:55

Did you download the latest TML Status from Rockpile - you should do that - then run TML Status to get the latest updates installed for all Macros that you want. Lastly if you want the Rockpile TMLs you will have to purchase the ones that you need - you can do that from their website as they are not free (they also have to make a living ....) - If you have not licensed them then you will not be able to run them.

Alan

• 11.  Re: 5.10 Installation/Startup Issue. **911**

Posted 08-26-2019 10:48

That fixed it Alan. Thanks.