Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Station-Elevation import as VAL

• 1.  Station-Elevation import as VAL

Posted 08-21-2018 09:55

Is there a specific file format/process needed to import a station-elevation information and use it as a VAL to an existing alignment? 

• 2.  Re: Station-Elevation import as VAL

Posted 08-21-2018 21:04

Karen,

Here is a post of a video that I put together on how to do this.

Set An Alignment Vertical from a .csv File 

Let me know if you have any questions.

Mike Tartaglia

• 3.  Re: Station-Elevation import as VAL

Posted 08-28-2018 10:13

If you have a Station, Offset Elevation data set, the Station and Elevation values define the VAL - so if you have the HAL already (assume that is the case) then you can import using the Station, Offset, Elevation importer using points (ideally have a Point ID for each location provided starting at say VAL1 to VAL100 (or whatever it ends at). If you name the csv the same as the HAL the points will be placed correctly along the HAL. Now you can draw a linestring using the command Linestring from Points (Connect Points on my CAD Menu Ribbon that you got at PUG last week) and jouind the points VAL1 - VAL100 to create a Linestring that follows the HAL (note that this will be a chorded line not a curvilinear line so it will not match a curvilinear HAL doing it this way - so it will work for Storm and Sanitary etc but not for anything curvilinear in nature). Once you have the Linestring then you can edit the HAL, go to the vertical tab and create a VAL and then use an existing line and add the line you just created - that will create a series of grade breaks along the HAL for the VAL.

If you have a Curvilinear HAL then you likely should follow Mikes example using Tables in a Road Model template to create the Vertical along the HAL using Station and Offset Values copied into an Elevation Table at 0 offset to the HAL.

Alan