Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.3 Slow Locking up at Opening File

• 1.  TBC 5.3 Slow Locking up at Opening File

Posted 07-19-2020 17:32

Today I went to open an existing 5.3 file from the dashboard. The file locked up at Restoring Views (See Snap).

TBC 5.3 seem to be running very slow & locking up compared to the previous version, anyone less having this issue?

See the link below to the project files on onedrive.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online. 

Any ideas?? 

Computer System Spec

OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
    Version 10.0.18362 Build 18362
    Other OS Description Not Available
    OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
    System Name DESKTOP-K095P0R
    System Manufacturer LENOVO
    System Model 20ENCT01WW
    System Type x64-based PC
    System SKU LENOVO_MT_20EN_BU_Think_FM_ThinkPad P50
    Processor Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1535M v5 @ 2.90GHz, 2904 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
    BIOS Version/Date LENOVO N1EET87W (1.60 ), 6/12/2019
    SMBIOS Version 2.8
    Embedded Controller Version 1.18
    BIOS Mode Legacy
    BaseBoard Manufacturer LENOVO
    BaseBoard Product 20ENCT01WW
    BaseBoard Version 0B98417 WIN
    Platform Role Mobile
    Secure Boot State Unsupported
    PCR7 Configuration Binding Not Possible
    Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
    System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
    Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
    Locale United Kingdom
    Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "10.0.18362.752"
    Username DESKTOP-K095P0R\gavin
    Time Zone New Zealand Standard Time
    Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 64.0 GB
    Total Physical Memory 63.4 GB
    Available Physical Memory 48.8 GB
    Total Virtual Memory 72.9 GB
    Available Virtual Memory 54.0 GB
    Page File Space 9.50 GB
    Page File C:\pagefile.sys
    Kernel DMA Protection Off
    Virtualisation-based security Not enabled
    Device Encryption Support Reasons for failed automatic device encryption: PCR7 binding is not supported, Hardware Security Test Interface failed and the device is not Modern Standby, Un-allowed DMA-capable bus/device(s) detected
    Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions Yes
    Hyper-V - Virtualisation Enabled in Firmware No
    Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection Yes

• 2.  Re: TBC 5.3 Slow Locking up at Opening File

Posted 07-20-2020 07:01

Gavin

This happened when opening a project right, not when opening TBC itself. 

Sometimes on start up we see e.g. Traceback Errors relating to Macro updates being required but those happen on opening TBC not opening a project. On opening projects you will sometimes see the Lock File issue pop up as a dialog that can sometimes be hidden - and that looks like a lock up but actually is just a dialog needing answering. If you know that is not the case then the file could have been corrupted somehow - in which case try renaming the file that has the extension .vce~ to extension .vce and open that file - that is the last saved version prior to the save of the file that got corrupted - maybe that will open and you can save that. You may ant to back up the .vce and .vce~ files before doing this so you still have the last known versions.

I have not noticed this at all in 5.30 personally, but that does not 100% mean it is not happening. 

I have had a recent "surge" in issues that we believe may be related to Drop Box (or similar products) - if that is syncing in background that has been seen to cause a number of issues. I use One Drive and am not seeing any issues at all, but Drop Box appears to cause a number of problems. If you use Drop Box - try suspending it and see if that makes a difference.

Alan

• 3.  Re: TBC 5.3 Slow Locking up at Opening File

Posted 07-21-2020 13:58

Dropbox might be whats causing my TBC to crash.  After updating a few weeks ago I changed my default project location to my dropbox folder.  I will try suspending that and let you know.

Tysen

• 4.  Re: TBC 5.3 Slow Locking up at Opening File

Posted 07-20-2020 07:14

Gavin

You do have a lot of imagery associated with the project - that is likely something to do with the time it takes to restore the views that you had turned on when you saved the project last. Without knowing how many of those are georeferenced in to the project it is hard to tell. I can download the entire project and take a look but I would say that is a large part of the question here.

Maybe we could discuss on the phone when you get on line later today - let me know what number to call you on (email me at alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com or call my cell +1 720 323 0481

Alan