Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Exporting to Earthworks Workflow

• 1.  Exporting to Earthworks Workflow

Posted 03-01-2019 09:09

#earthworks

I'm new to the Earthworks platform.  We have a new 325F excavator with Automatics.

What is the workflow for getting Utility alignments out of TBC 5.0 and into Earthworks? (see files attached)

There is no option to set up an Earthworks controller in TBC Construction Data tab.

If I try to export a design from SCS900, I am able to select earthworks as the output, but it strips the .pro file.

I have no documentation or procedures.  Any help would be appreciated.

Attachment(s)

• 2.  Re: Exporting to Earthworks Workflow

Posted 03-01-2019 10:19

Matt

First create a Jobsite and a Design as if you were doing it for SCS900 or GCS900 Devices. Once you have a Jobsite and a Design, Go to the Jobsite Manager - At the top of the Dialog it shows "Project Library" and likely is set to None - you can choose Folder or TCC for the location of your Project Library. Folder is on your PC(a location that you then will copy from there to e.g. a USB Stick to take the data to the field system and if you choose TCC then the Project Folder is created and written directly to TCC for all machines - note the way that they wanted Earthworks to work is that All Machines get all Projects and All Designs (Don't shoot the messenger Matt!) 

Once selected then you can go to the Publish To Publish to Library Command - that allows you to select what of the Jobsite and Design Data created from this TBC Project you want to write out for the Earthworks machines. Check the Job Site Boxes and the Design Boxes that you want to write and OK and the data is written. 

If you wrote it to a Folder on the PC you can now use the Library to USB Drive to copy it to a stick. If you want it now on TCC then you can go back to Jobsite Manager, Change to TCC and then repeat the process - the data is now sent to TCC.

On the Machine you can now Sync to TCC and it will suck down the entire Project Library - the operator can pick the Site and the Design and you are off to the races.

Let me know if you need anything else

Alan

• 3.  Re: Exporting to Earthworks Workflow

Posted 03-07-2019 16:03

Is there any type of simulator for earthworks that could be loaded on the Trimble T10 tablet?