Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Virus in "Trimble Business Center (TBC) v5.00.1 patch" ?

• 1.  Virus in "Trimble Business Center (TBC) v5.00.1 patch" ?

Posted 01-26-2019 23:23

My anti-virus, "Check Point" say the file _isA015.exe is infect.

• 2.  Re: Virus in "Trimble Business Center (TBC) v5.00.1 patch" ?

Posted 02-08-2019 18:39

Hello Izhar! I have passed this along to our development team for their insight, this is the response I received. 

It looks like the file may have been generated by our setup program. I can't verify it, but if they check the properties of the file, can they see if the digital signature and/or details refer to Trimble?

If my suspicion is correct, then this file would have originated during the installation process by the InstallShield engine used in our setup program. It is a temporary file that would have only been created during installation and then removed on completion. I highly suspect that this is just a false positive. However, we would need to run it by our InstallShield vendor to report to Endpoint to confirm.

If the customer wants us to submit a request to our vendor, they should send us the file. Otherwise, having confirmed that this is a Trimble file, then they could also just safely delete the file since it is only intended to exist temporarily.

TLDR; Looking at the properties of the file, can you see if the digital signature and/or details refer to Trimble? If so, can you share the file with me? matt_mclean@trimble.com . I can look further into this for you.

Thank you,

Matt