Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup tablet to TCC

• 1.  How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 08:01
      |   view attached

We recently got 2 new T7 tablets and are handing down 2 of our Yuma 2 tablets with SCS900 on them to other foremen. I am having trouble setting TCC on the Yuma 2 site tablet and as I go to connect through SCS900 in the Connected Community it keeps saying check credentials (see attached pic). It will work on on our new T7 and TSC7 we recently purchased and I am already sending files electronically to those devices. Is there any type of video to show the setup process? Could it be the device name on the tablet itself. I cannot figure out why it will not connect.

• 2.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 09:32

Should work almost identically to the T7s. I am running TCC on Yumas with no issue.

Did you set all of the information on the Community Settings page:

• device name
    • Organization
    • Password
    • Workgroup (if you use this)

You will also find the device serial number here. You will need this to setup the device in TCC. 

Feel free to direct message me. I have a lot of experience with setting up TCC.

• 3.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 10:19

Patrick thanks for getting back to me. Does the Device name need to be the serial number because that is what I have now? In the C drive of the tablet, I call it "tablet 2" not the serial number, which SCS900 is mapped to. Do I need to update my SCS900 version?

Here is what I have in TCC. Should there be an owner name or that optional?

• 4.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 10:25

No the device name is the name of the folder that you want to sync to. It could be a sn if that is how you have it setup. I have mine setup so it is my foreman's name. 

If you call it "tablet 2" then the device name in community settings needs to be tablet 2. The easiest way to reset this because it is greyed out, is:

1. On the Yuma open file explorer
    2. go to the c drive
    3. go to Trimble Synchronizer Data
    4. PC
    5. Trimble SCS900 Data
    6. Delete the AllSites.xml here
      • This will let you change the name of the data collector
    7. Go back into SCS900 and change the name

Try this

• 5.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 10:32

I have been doing this but when I have deleted the AllSites.xml I go back into the C drive and change the name there correct? Not on SCS900 when the mapping dialog box comes up. Maybe it is something in TCC or Office Synchonizer that is not correlating?

• 6.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 10:39

How about on TCC devices where it says: "ID for sign in". That is greyed out for me so I cannot edit it

• 7.  Re: How to setup tablet to TCC

Posted 08-30-2019 10:44

I got it to work. What I did was delete the device in TCC and re-added it. It must see the old settings if not re-added