Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

What graphics card I need for tbc hce

• 1.  What graphics card I need for tbc hce

Posted 06-11-2020 01:16

Dear Sir or Madam, 

I would like to know what graphics card does the work for tbc hce. Is the wx 7100 good enough to run the software smootly.

Best regards,

Steven

• 2.  Re: What GPU I need

Posted 06-11-2020 23:27

Any one?

• 3.  Re: What graphics card I need for tbc hce

Posted 06-12-2020 09:44

Hi @steven griek, you may refer to page 15 of the TBC Release Note and configure the computer accordingly. Do you process point cloud data with TBC? 

Thank you.

• 4.  Re: What graphics card I need for tbc hce

Posted 06-16-2020 00:20

Can't see what gpu's are good enough. I just wanna know if the wx 7100 is good enough

• 5.  Re: What graphics card I need for tbc hce

Posted 06-17-2020 14:34

Hi Steven, 

With countless GPU configurations in the market, we cannot provide a detailed evaluation on each of them. However, here is the analysis from one of our seasoned scanning experts about GPU selection:

Specifically for Trimble scanning software, the speed of the CPU, disk drives and RAM have a bigger impact on the overall speed of processing in the software than the GPU speed. In other words, using a faster GPU has a smaller impact on the overall performance than a faster CPU and/or RAM. If the CPU, disk drives, and RAM are optimized, including a higher speed GPU will help the overall performance slightly. However, the high cost of a good quality graphics card with fast GPUs is unlikely to be worth the expense for the performance improvements it provides with Trimble scanning software. With that said, the use of integrated graphics (on-chip) is not optimal for processing large scan and image data. A dedicated GPU is highly recommended.

Meanwhile, keep in mind that the overall performance is determined by the bottleneck of your machine, maybe it's the CPU speed, maybe it's the speed of the drive. Having the best GPU doesn't guarantee the best performance. 

If you don't process huge amount of point cloud, you could also loosen the standard. 

Hope it helps.