Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Dynaview Collections in Project Explorer

• 1.  Dynaview Collections in Project Explorer

Posted 08-17-2020 13:50

#featurerequest #feature_enhancement

Would it be possible to add Dynaview Boundary Collections to the Project Explorer tree?  This would make it significantly easier to select a boundary collection in order to edit it.

I use Dynaview Boundary Collections (DBC) A LOT.  I've even gotten to the point where if all I have is one sheet to plot, I will create a 1 x 1 DBC.  I may have 40, 50, or more DBCs in a project that I have been working on for awhile and when I inevitably need to edit one of them, it is rather difficult at times to find a boundary from the exact collection I want to edit, in order to select it for editing.  (especially since the properties pane for the selected DBC does not indiciate which DBC the selected boundary is a part of wink wink)   If anyone has a smoother way of selecting a DBC that I am unaware of please enlighten me!

If the project explorer thing isn't feasible, it would even be a vast improvement just if the "Edit Dynaview Boundary Collection" command could be ran without a DBC currently selected and it gives you a drop down box to select one for editing.

• 2.  Re: Dynaview Collections in Project Explorer

Posted 08-17-2020 16:44

I can agree that it is an issue to know which Dynaview Collection is which - the name is the best you have to go on or to place them on Layers that separate them, or as you create the Dynaview Collection take the time to name the boundaries that are created as a result.

I will see what can be done Wayne

Alan