Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Change units without changing value?

• 1.  Change units without changing value?

Posted 03-26-2020 10:27

I have mistakenly gotten very deep into my project using meters instead of feet.  But if I change the project units to feet it converts all my elevations from meters to feet.  Is there any way to keep the numerical value locked while changing the units?  

• 2.  Re: Change units without changing value?

Posted 03-26-2020 11:32

So for instance you started with 300m instead of 300 ft and if you switch the units it'll go to 990 ft?

If you have 1 or 2 points that were used as starting points, you could "add coordinate" to them adding the elev. value only being control quality, then recompute. Provided you've imported raw data files and not just coordinates. this would be after switching the units from meters to feet.

• 3.  Re: Change units without changing value?

Posted 04-07-2020 07:28

This is just a thought.  Can you export as a meter job to a DXF?  Then import into a clean empty project doing a import DXF also by changing the distance in the settings?  

I used a floor plan app that uses feet and inches.  I had to export and import to TBC using a DXF.  I was able to change the setting of the distance in the import screen to US Survey Feet and did the changed correctly.