Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Exporting Sheet or Plan view to 2D CAD file

• 1.  Exporting Sheet or Plan view to 2D CAD file

Posted 11-17-2017 18:48
      |   view attached

From a cutting plane view I've traced an orthophoto with CAD linework to produce a pictorial 2D elevation drawing. I now want to output this as a 2D CAD file from a Dynaview/sheet view. 

I select the linework in the sheet view. I then run the export to CAD command, and select appropriate format. View filter settings are set so that the relevant data is visible.

When I open the file in any CAD program (or reimport it as CAD to TBC) The border and scale bar display beautifully in model space (or layout/paper space views). But only the border and scale bar are in the drawing, the linework is not. The layers containing the linework I want, have not been exported. 

It is clearly selected, see image attached.

What have I done wrong? Is there a way in addition to the view filter, which somehow dictates what is exported to CAD from a sheet view despite being selected? Must I create a different type of sheet? I copied it to other types with the same result.

Please tell me how to output this sheet view to a CAD file. I have scoured the help. It seems like it should be obvious or easy to do. 

As a work around before I discover the solution, I have been exporting model space linework to a DWG/dxf and then 'flipping' it (Z coord becomes Y coord) so that it appears as 2D elevation in top view of model space. Alternatively I create a layout view in X Z plane in the 3rd party software.

However this method is time consuming & frustrating when the Dynaview clearly should be able to be used in TBC to do this, and output in a usable format 

I await your assistance, Thanks in advance

Ben

• 2.  Re: Exporting Sheet or Plan view to 2D CAD file

Posted 11-21-2017 18:33

Hey Ben,

This looks like it may be some missing functionality from TBC currently. We're looking into and will keep you posted. Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Adam

• 3.  Re: Exporting Sheet or Plan view to 2D CAD file

Posted 05-10-2019 22:16

Hi Adam,

Has this issue been solved yet? I also have the same query.

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Exporting Sheet or Plan view to 2D CAD file

Posted 10-14-2019 08:23

Not solved yet as far as I am aware James.

Some related links people asking similar:

Dynaviews in Cutting Plane View 

Issues exporting 2D elevation/vertical data from TBC 

How to dimesion from cutting plane/Sheet view 

And this might help you very helpful but ultimately not the solution, thread here: Export Plan Sheets from TBC to Autodesk 

Thanks