Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

• 1.  Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-10-2019 06:30

What happened to Project Settings > Computations > Traverse in TBC 5.10? I have 5.10.1 from an enterprise deployment and I can't set my travers horizontal and vertical precision tolerances because the setting is not there. The program is defaulting to 1:25000 for horizontal and 1:12500 for vertical from a previous installation (I believe). Can I make changes somewhere? The registry maybe? This is the problem with not having admin privileges and some IT goon decides what I can and can't do with a program they don't know how to use.

• 2.  Re: Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-10-2019 19:22

Hi Anthony,

We haven't changed the traverse settings in the recent releases, and I just checked in TBC 5.10.1 and still see the same settings (Minimum horizontal/vertical precision) showing in the same location.

Have you tried uninstalling TBC with the TBC Cleanup Utility and start a clean installation? What edition are you licensed with?

Thanks.

Rui

• 3.  Re: Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-11-2019 04:55

Hi Anthony,

I've got a tip from @Neil Harvey that the options disappeared in 5.10 Intermediate edition. It has been logged in as a bug and we will let you know once it is fixed.

Thank you Neil.

Rui

• 4.  Re: Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-11-2019 08:02

Thanks Rui.

Yes, I have TBC 5.10.1 with an intermediate license, so that is my problem. My complaint about the IT Goons addresses your first question; I can do a reinstallation, but I am not allowed. I have to beg our IT department to fix the problem, wasting days, them re-set all my preferences (because they just do a default install, wasting me further time) for something I could do in an hour. I wish Microsoft and/or Trimble would allow software installations to user profiles without having to have admin privileges. If I wipe out my profile or get a virus in my profile, that would be on me. Having to beg to be able to use a computer as it is intended (and mandated) is ridiculous.

Thanks again,

Tony

• 5.  Re: Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-18-2019 11:06

The precision settings you mention are only for the values that will produce a flag, correct?  So it should not affect computations, just the annoying flags.

• 6.  Re: Trimble 5.10 traverse settings

Posted 09-18-2019 12:15

Yes, you are correct. I change them depending on job requirements.

Get Outlook for iOS<https://aka.ms/o0ukef>