Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

• 1.  TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

Posted 06-18-2019 13:00

I upgraded from TBC 5.0 to TBC 5.1 last week.  The last two site calibration that I've tried to resolve do not work.  Usually, TBC will show a .DC file inside the imported files folder and the recorded points show up on the points layer.  This has not been the case since upgrading to TBC 5.1.  I need help resolving this ASAP please!

• 2.  Re: TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

Posted 06-19-2019 10:27

Hi,

But you have a file .cal? if yes, try to rename using .dc

For example: Site.cal rename to Site.dc

Regards.

• 3.  Re: TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

Posted 06-21-2019 09:59

Not sure what you mean by "Try to resolve" - if you have a blank empty project, if you look at the Project Settings - Coordinate System - Site Calibration - It should show "No Adjustments Applied". If you find your DC file and drag and drop it into the project and then look again - it should show the Site Calibration information. If not please send me the Site Calibration files so I can take a look at what is inside them. 

After Drag and Drop the DC file is listed in Imported Files.

Can you provide the detailed workflow steps that you are following that do not appear to be working. If you are adding an External Site (SCS900 / Siteworks Data) then we changed this in v5.1 so that it no longer imports the .CAL file (containing all of the Control Point / GPS point pairs) into the project - it only now imports the .DC file which is the results of the Site Calibration. It may not in this case show that it imported the DC file - however the Site Calibration Information should be visible in Project Settings / Coordinate System / Site Calibration as listed above. If that is the case then the Site Cal is importing just fine and you should be good to continue. You should see less resolve Conflicts as a result.

Please call me on 303 635 8556 if this is not the case

Alan

• 4.  Re: TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

Posted 06-21-2019 16:34

Hi Alan,

My initial message was incorrect because I said it was not importing the DC file, but what I meant was that it is not importing the CAL file, which in your response you confirmed no longer imports automatically. My typical procedure for site calibrations was as follows:

1. In TBC, create JOB SITE and add survey control points.

2. Export to data collector to perform site calibration in SCS900/Siteworks.

4. Perform the site calibration in the field.

3. Sync w/ PC and resolve calibration conflicts in TBC JOB SITE.

...now this is where things changed and I didnt know what was going on...

4. In TBC, after "resolving" calibration, move GPS measured points to a new layer and run the clear site calibration command. 

5. Recompute the calibration in TBC and confirm all of the horizontal and vertical residuals via a calibration report.

6. Add/remove/ignore horizontal or vertical points that are inadequate to tighten up the final calibration residuals in TBC.

7. In TBC, resolve the calibration for a final time and distribute JOB SITE calibration to all necessary controllers.

I asked the question because my calibration workflow has been the same for the last 8 years; when I went to re-compute the site calibration in TBC I was getting an error message and was concerned there was a bug. I was able to manually import the CAL file afterwards so all is good!

Thanks for the help Alan, this new blog/helpdesk website has been a great help!

Thanks all for the help.

Tyler

• 5.  Re: TBC 5.10 won't import DC file

Posted 06-22-2019 11:07

Glad to hear that the Forum is helpful

Alan

On Fri, Jun 21, 2019 at 5:34 PM tramon@jjalbanese.com <trimble@jiveon.com>