Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

How to change elevations along a linestring for a Corridor

• 1.  How to change elevations along a linestring for a Corridor

Posted 09-16-2019 09:07

I have converted a PDF from set of drawings into a vector PDF, after importing vector PDF data. In the past I have been able to change the overall elevation of contours, but this model requires elevation changes every few meters as the roadway elevation changes. Is there a way to convert these lines into "point" data lines where I can modify the incremental elevation? A photo of the file is below,

• 2.  Re: How to change elevations along a linestring for a Corridor

Posted 09-16-2019 09:15

The image is not showing up.

• 3.  Re: How to change elevations along a linestring for a Corridor

Posted 09-16-2019 09:22

Can you see this?

• 4.  Re: How to change elevations along a linestring for a Corridor

Posted 09-16-2019 10:01

I can see your image now.

If what looks like text is text and not vectors then you have a few options.  The elevate lines or create points from spot elevations commands is where I would start.  You may want to review any of the videos or tutorials related to site modeling or data prep to see how these are used.  Each one has multiple options and their use depends on what you have and what your goal is.  On the support tab the Retreive command takes you to this website with multiple videos:

https://trimble.retrieve.com/#/ 

If you are estimating quantities or rough grading the corridor these may work for you.  If you need a more accurate model then i would suggest creating the hal, val and making a proper template.  These are not trivial the first time you use them, so you may want to consider training if you are not comfortable in these details.  Your SITECH dealer should be your first contact if you need additional training.

tim