Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Control / DXF / TTM Files in hand - Now what?

• 1.  Control / DXF / TTM Files in hand - Now what?

Posted 11-16-2020 09:40

I created these using Carlson Civil. I need some help getting these files imported into the SCS rover controller.  Is TBC even needed?  

• 2.  Re: Control / DXF / TTM Files in hand - Now what?

Posted 11-16-2020 13:31

You have four options Corey

1) Use the application called SCS Data Manager to load and organize the data into the correct folders for your SCS900 / Siteworks Controller and the Trimble Office Synchronizer to transfer the data automatically via cable to the device

2) Use Trimble Business Center to import the data you created in Carlson to review and check it prior to sending it out to the controller file structure using the Construction Data menu ribbon / workflow to create the Site, Design and Work Order for the field users. Once the data has been reviewed and output, you can use Office Synchronizer and a cable to transfer the data to the controller or simply use a USB stick and copy the data from the PC to the USB stick and then from the USB Stick to the Controller using the USB Stick transfer process.

3) Use File Explorer to create the necessary folders and place the correct files in the correct places and then copy the file out to a USB stick to move them to the field

4) Copy the files you have onto a USB Stick and then when in SCS900 / Siteworks, when you create a New Design you can browse to the USB Stick to locate and load the files as a Surface and Linework file. This bypasses all the office software.

The video below shows options 1,2 and 3 but not 4.

Option 4 is covered in this video

The benefit to loading the data through SCS Data Manager or the Field Data workflows in Trimble Business Center is the tracking of the data that they provide and also the back end reporting of the Work Order Results in Excel (using SCS Data Manager or TBC workflows) that you will be missing out on if you don't use those two approaches.

Using manual Copy and Paste loses out on some of the smarts involved in the synchronization process which is managing the updates from the Office to Field and the Field to Office automatically on each sync event, however if you are a "one man show" and noone else is creating data for you then the copy and paste works well enough for most people in that situation. The Sync approach and multiple design management over time comes into it's own on big projects where data changes and many designs are common.

I hope that this helps, let me know if not

You can email me at alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com if you need further help or would like to discuss anything offline. My cell is +1 720 323 0481 if you need it. Please send me your contact details if you are willing to share, that way I can help you / contact you easier in the future.

Thanks

Alan

• 3.  Re: Control / DXF / TTM Files in hand - Now what?

Posted 11-16-2020 13:41

Alan,

Thank you so much for all of this info.  I will check out the videos.  I have been struggling to figure out the process and you have been a big help.  I will certainly email you.  Thanks, again!