Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Trouble with point labels

• 1.  Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-16-2020 08:43

Hi.

I have trouble with labels. First issue is the representation of point names and added labels together.

I have a label style for points, it is cross symbol 35, I have a label style for point name and a label style for a elevation of points.

I add label symbols (crosses) to points throught "Label points" and I can turn on/off "Show point ID" and it works well. Than I add a label for the name and elevation and than I cant use "Show point ID". I suppose it is only label and I should have the possibility to display both separetly.

The bigger problem is the interpretation of The cross 35 labels in another cad programs after exporting points and its labels as dwg or dxf. The labels for name and elevation is enterpreted well but the cross becomes a hash.
    It is fine after opening the DWG in TBC again. But customers have Autocad and so on.
    In the DWG he cross symbol is a part of "symbol font" and it should be the problem.

I solve it for this moment changing "text style" to arial and set the "text" as "x" in the exported DWG becouse it is "CAD text" now in DWG..... the TBC native project doesnt allow that becouse it is as symbol point label still.

But it is not good for the future use..

Is it possible to add cross 35 point label as 2 cad lines that should provent this dissinterpretation?

I am not sure if it is understable.

Attachment(s)

zip
    201109 zam HTU.zip   3.21 MB 1 version
    dwg
    exported .dwg   465 KB 1 version

• 2.  Re: Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-16-2020 13:54
      |   view attached

If you provide the Symbol.shx file with the DWG Output file and tell the end user to place the .shx file in the Text Style Location on their computer for AutoCAD then the symbols will be read correctly because AutoCAD will load the Symbol File into its memory on startup. Once this has been done once then it will work every time thereafter. 

If you have Autodesk Trueview or AutoCAD you can test this out yourself

Autodesk stores their font files as SHX files in the following location for Trueview - you can place the Symbol.shx file in this location

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\DWG TrueView 2021 - English\Fonts

TBC stores its SHX Files at this location on your computer

C:\Program Files\Trimble\Trimble Business Center

The required Symbol.SHX file is also available here for download if you need it

Alan

Attachment(s)

zip
    SYMBOL.SHX.zip   9 KB 1 version

• 3.  Re: Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-18-2020 03:04

Where is the location for ARCHICAD?

SHX is not a font, isnt it?  If it is, it should be placed into system font folder?

Is there any other possibility how to make a cross for points?? 

Could  it be a future feature for TBC??

• 4.  Re: Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-18-2020 03:55

I apologize but I dont know much about Archicad, you could ask their support team that question. The SHX file is a stroke font (line font) definition file, it contains the series of nodes and pen down instructions to be able to draw the font. Autocad and TBC use this as an option vs a .fnt file which is the Font Definition itself. This goes way back to Pen Plotter plotting and has been around for decades. I did a quick search on Google with the following each

Does Archicad support SHX text files

and I got a number of hits that indicate that Archicad does support the SHX files as a part of their DWG support - I would start here - please report back the solution when you find it and have validated it with your client

• 5.  Re: Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-18-2020 07:33

All of the links from google search lead to "export shx from archicad" and the others are about autocad so I have post it in archicad forum.

I have DWG TrueView in my PC but there are a lot of cad programs and viewers.

My coliegues use VariCAD viewer or Bravadesktop and I couldnt find a suitable folder to place the SHX. 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE... could it be solved better way in TBC, that we would not need to find out what cad soft has customers and than finding out the way to have the same representation????

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 6.  Re: Trouble with point labels

Posted 11-19-2020 23:34