Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Multiple Crews on one project

• 1.  Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 01-13-2022 12:00
    I'm fairly new to Trimble Access and Sync, my company is getting Sync up and running finally. We have 7 crews so they often are on the same large project at the same time, what is the best work flow to get them all the same data from the office but not cause a problem when they sync it back at the end of the day? Everything i have tried has only brought in the file of whoever downloads first.....probably a rookie question but im stumped, thanks

------------------------------
    Willie Elliott

• 2.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 01-14-2022 09:27
    Hi Willie, 

I use Sync for every project running 14 different crews. Make sure all the different crew members have their own unique login and make sure they are all added as "users" to the project. As long as they all create their own individual job files (or "ToDos") they will all be able to upload and not have to worry about overwriting anyone else's data. 

I hope this helps.

Brandon Elia

• 3.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 01-15-2022 15:38
    We are getting ready to move from AccessSync to Connect Sync in the next month, so I will chime in. We too often have multiple crews on the same job.

Our naming convention for JOB files has always been the six-digit date of survey, in the format "YYMMDD." Then, we plan to have the surveyor append an underscore and his initials to make them unique. An added bonus is it makes it easier to identify who did what.

I'm curious as to other approaches out there.

Bob Epstein

• 4.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 01-16-2022 17:02
    We use this exact naming convention minus the underscore

Shaune Dorron

• 5.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 04-05-2022 06:55

Is anyone else having issues with the new release of Sync? We are not finding any way to remove files from projects once they are added, even if by mistake....

Willie Elliott

CAD Tech

9025 River Road, Suite 200

Indianapolis, IN 46240

317.547.5580  OFFICE

structurepoint.com  WEB

https://pinnacle.blob.core.windows.net/client-files/219038/5cece597-cfc4-4e83-980c-a1f834e40b4c/Creating_Your_Email__015.png

DISCLAIMER: This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee, you should not disseminate, distribute, utilize, or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake, and delete this e-mail from your system. No design changes or decisions made by e-mail shall be considered part of the contract documents unless otherwise specified, and all design changes and/or decisions made by e-mail must be submitted as an RFI or a submittal unless otherwise specified. All designs, plans, specifications and other contract documents (including all electronic files) prepared by the sender shall remain the property of the sender, and the sender retains all rights thereto, including but not limited to copyright, statutory and common-law rights thereto, unless otherwise specified by contract. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or contain viruses. The sender therefore does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required, please request a hard-copy version. https://www.structurepoint.com/

• 6.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 04-06-2022 13:18
    The short term solution is to log in to trimble connect.  From there you can delete files.  It's a completely inefficient workflow.   Why they did they make this change?  We wonder what their intent is?  It makes no sense to us.  The ability to delete files in Trimble sync manager is  mandatory under any circumstances.

Mike Hathaway

• 7.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 01-17-2022 16:45
    Yes I use exactly the same for job file naming  YYMMDD"Two Alpha digits Operator",   220118JM
    And then Point naming is also in the same YYMMDD"two alpha digits operator""3 digit numeric" starting from 001 format too   220118JM001

Also I have:

a) Monthly Project Folders  ie P2P-2021-12, P2P-2022-01, etc

b) Separate Project folder for Control & Setting out data  ie "P2P Control"

One thing I've just found is that I uploaded a Survey file during the day to part process it - and then continued Surveying later on in the day - this part of the Survey doesn't update in Sync Manager on my work Laptop BUT if I go to my private Laptop and run a "fresh" Sync Manager it uploads to updated Survey data - any suggestions?
    I suspect its not overwriting the local file (I've tried BOTH "Download" and "Import to TBC" operations)

John

John Mill

• 8.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 04-11-2022 06:47
    This is what my group does as well. Each person puts their three initials on the end of a date. We also reserve point number sets to keep everyone separate.

Sean Lahann, PLS
    Phoenix, Arizona

• 9.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 04-05-2022 08:34
    We had the work flow pretty well figured out, then the most recent version of Sync was loaded on our servers and there are seemingly a lot of changes that affect the upload and ability to revome old or unwanted files from the project. I was wondering if you had run into this yet?

Thanks

American Structurepoint

• 10.  RE: Multiple Crews on one project

Posted 04-05-2022 08:50
    The latest version of Sync has completely disrupted our workflow. The ability to not delete files is a problem. We have instructed all users to revert back to the previous version until Trimble (hopefully) comes out with a fix soon. 

An additional feature I would like #Trimble to add is the ability to map a folder on explorer. ​​​​

Brandon Elia