Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

• 1.  Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-22-2020 11:27

Hello all. Hoping for some help RE: legacy versions of TBC.

A quick background: I am a Civil 3d user in civil engineering field and historically have used the unlicensed core functions of TBC to transfer design work from civil 3d (.dxf and landXML ) into TBC and export from TBC to site contractors (.dxf map & .ttm surface files). And we also have historically accepted as-built records in the TBC .vce file from contractors and exported back to Civil 3d for preparation of the record drawings.

Due to recent hardware failures & upgrades I have lost my TBC installation (believe I was using 3.6) and I no longer have my old install files either. I was able to get a copy of TBC 4.10.3 from a reseller we have dealt with in the past however many of the unlicensed core features I was expecting would be available (based on the BC-HCE 4.10 licensed features spreadsheet in the community library) are indicating a license is now needed (eg. selection explorer, export to .ttm, change coordinate system). It's as if the legacy version has adapted the licensed feature list of TBC 5.x

Does anyone have any knowledge to offer? am I missing something? Has Trimble removed functionality of the unlicensed core product on legacy versions?

If functionality has been removed, does anyone have legacy version install files they would be willing to share that will still allow the unlicensed functionality?

Thank you in advance for 1) reading this far and 2) for any help!

------------------------------
    M K

• 2.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-22-2020 17:56

MK: I had a link to 4.12 but just checked it and Trimble has removed that archive. I get a 404. I'll see if I can locate the zip file for that and get back to you.

Wouldn't at all be surprised if Trimble has removed all traces...

Also, a subscription license version is coming so that if you need a license for a specific project that option might work for you.

Marshall Cant

• 3.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-23-2020 08:57

Thank you, Marshall. I appreciate you're response!

I went through the same exercise returning to previously saved links for software downloads only to become frustrated by Trimble's removal of online resources. I was able to find a TBC download page a reseller has setup with download links for legacy versions back to 3.5. I have tried a few versions from their archives (4.1 / 3.9 / 3.82) but each attempt gives me the same result of previously allowed unlicensed features now throwing up a "command not licensed" dialog. My guess is any version of legacy software that has been sourced from Trimble after V5 was released has been hog-tied to match the licensed features set of the current generation.

This has been quite frustrating. I understand software development cost money and I respect Trimble's decision to adjust the licensed features on new versions. However, going back to legacy versions and removing features (if that's what has been done) I find completely unacceptable. It's all a guess at this point though as I haven't been able to find any documentation that features have in fact been removed.

I'm hoping either I'm doing something wrong / missing something on the install & someone can educate me to a fix or maybe someone has an old legacy install file saved somewhere from their original acquisition of the software

Thanks again!

M K

• 4.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-23-2020 13:26

MK: DM me with an email address.

Marshall Cant

• 5.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 04-10-2021 06:38
    Hello Marshall

Did you have the zip fill for the legasy BC-HCE 4.10 or 4.12
    I am experiensing the same problem as MK

Kent Schøler

• 6.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 04-10-2021 07:22
    Kent:  can you send me your private email? I'll send along the link.

Marshall Cant

• 7.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 04-10-2021 08:51
    Marshall: It's kentscholer@gmail.com

Thanks

Kent Schøler

• 8.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 11-19-2021 11:08
    Hello Marshall,

Can you send me the 4.12 Trimble link?

johne@totalexcavating.net 

Respectfully,

John E.

John Eaton

• 9.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-28-2020 11:23

Here is a Dropbox link to 3.60

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ypw8scfkjgv903w/AACH2S-yGeP-ZmOKmXv6Y9OPa?dl=0

Tommy

Thomas Tomsu

• 10.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 12-29-2020 06:37

Thank you Thomas!
    Marshall was able to help me out however, I greatly appreciate you posting the link & supporting the community.

M K

• 11.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 01-02-2021 10:50
    The official change of the removal of unlicensed features was made at TBC v5.0 when the Geospatial and HCE versions were combined into a single product. If you installed earlier versions of TBC for Survey from Trimble Geospatial releases they would not have had the unlicensed features. The unlicensed features were all in the Business Center - HCE version. Some of the unlicensed features of TBC remain in the TBC v5.0+ versions, but all exports except for field system support (SCS900, Siteworks, Machine Control (GCS900, Earthworks) and Access were removed - so while you can export Surfaces and DXF files they have to be exported from the Construction Data Ribbon workflows.

Any version of Business Center - HCE will have the unlicensed features that you are referring to, however those have now got somewhat out of date in some areas - but if all you want is a DXF or TTM exporter those would likely still work, they just won't support the latest versions of DWG and DXF supported by AutoCAD.

Alan

Alan Sharp
    alan.sharp@rockpilesolutions.com

• 12.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 01-04-2021 11:41
    Alan,
    I knew I had to be missing something. Indeed, I missed the distinction of BC-HCE vs TBC.
    Thank you for setting me straight!

M K

• 13.  RE: Legacy Versions - unlicensed features removed?

Posted 04-11-2021 21:51
    If you are using Civil 3D then you could use Trimble Link to export directly to Trimble Access, SCS900 or GCS900. You can also create a TTM file using the Export Surface option.

James McWha