Trimble Business Center

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

LandXML Import Conflicts

• 1.  LandXML Import Conflicts

Posted 04-27-2021 09:26
    Good day,

I'm importing corridor datum surfaces from C3D to TBC via LandXML.  Sometimes we need to adjust these corridor datum surfaces in TBC, and have arrived at the following:

1. When exporting from C3D (2019) LandXML Surface Export Settings indicate "points and faces"
    2. When importing LandXML Surface to TBC the Point/Breakline-based definition option needs to be selected to allow editing of the surface in TBC

Are these assumptions correct?

Finally, the appearance of the LandXML Import Conflicts dialog appears to be inconsistent.  Sometimes I'm presented with this option and sometimes the LandXML Import Conflicts dialog box does not appear.

Does anyone have any ideas here?  If a surface (imported via XML) is not editable in TBC (deleting edge lines etc.) do I export/import from/back to TBC again?

Thanks!

Andrew

------------------------------
    Andrew Walther

• 2.  RE: LandXML Import Conflicts

Posted 05-10-2021 16:53
    Edited by Shane Odenbach 05-10-2021 16:53
    Hey Andrew,

As for the exporting out of C3D I need to verify this is correct but it sounds like you doing it correctly. When importing into TBC I always choose the point and breakline option when given the choice. I choose this option incase I need to make changes to the source data in the future. I also choose this option as it is recommended to improve the software performance. 

This dialog box will only show up when TBC detects point and breakline data present in the xml. If the xml only includes the 3d Triangle faces then you will not be given the option to choose.

Hope this helps,

Shane

Shane Odenbach